Lactalis threw down the gauntlet - and blew away any post-Easter cobwebs on consumer goods newsdesks in Europe - in the battle for the ownership of Italian dairy group Parmalat this morning (26 April) with a takeover bid for the entire business.
Italian dairy business Granarolo has acquired a 30% stake in local lactose-free cheese snacks business San Lucio.
Granarolo, the Italian dairy business, has continued its diversification with a move into the bakery sector through the acquisition of local business Pandea Dietetica.
Granarolo, the Italian dairy group, has acquired 60% of local organic food maker Conbio.
Nestle CEO Paul Bulcke faced questions over the food group's performance after it missed analyst expectations and lowered its forecast for underlying annual sales. Mondelez International explained why it was confident Belvita breakfast biscuits could succeed in China, while Kantar Worldpanel outlined how local products had gained an edge over international brands.
Italian dairy group Granarolo has acquired 25% of European Foods, a distributor of Italian products in New Zealand.
Greek food group Vivartia has secured distribution for its Delta Greek yoghurts and cheeses in France and Italy after a deal with Italian dairy firm Granarolo.
Granarolo has taken a minority stake in goat's milk specialist Amalattea in a deal the Italian dairy group said would provide it with access to the growing category.
Italian dairy group Granarolo has announced its entry into France via the acquisition of French cheese maker CIPF Codipal for an undisclosed fee.
Italian dairy company Granarolo has snapped up local cheese maker Lat Bri.
Italian companies are reportedly not preparing a counter bid for Parmalat, the country's largest dairy processor, which is subject to a EUR3.4bn takeover offer from France's Lactalis.
Lactalis, the French dairy giant, has upped the ante in the battle for Italian rival Paramlat with the announcement this morning (26 April) of a takeover bid for the entire business.
Italian dairy group Parmalat, facing speculation about its future after Lactalis's investment in the company, has refused to be drawn on reports linking it with a possible move for smaller rival Granarolo.
Italian dairy group Granarolo saw its profits drop in 2010 on the back of what it described as a "complex economic scenario", hit by rising raw-material costs and the economic crisis in its domestic market.
The Italian government has passed a new law that could allow Parmalat to postpone its AGM, potentially giving critics of Lactalis's investment in the Italian dairy giant more time to consider their options.
Three funds have entered into an agreement to sell their 15.3% stake in Parmalat to Lactalis because their plans to elect a "highly-qualified board" have been "compromised".
Lactalis today (22 March) announced it has entered an agreement to buy a further 15.3% stake in Italian dairy and food manufacturer Parmalat, increasing its shareholding to 29%.
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Chobani COO Burns to leave yogurt firm
- Nestle invests in Italian pizza production
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020
- Frozen Food Production in the US - Industry Market Research Report