There may be caution over the prospect for blockbuster deals in a dilapidated economic environment, but the food sector mergers and acquisit...
In 2003, Parmalat grabbed Europe's business headlines after collapsing with a EUR14bn hole in its accounts. It was the continent's biggest b...
| 31 Jan 2013
There may be caution over the prospect for blockbuster deals in a dilapidated economic environment, but the food sector mergers and acquisitions table still has plenty to whet the appetite.
| 26 Apr 2011
Lactalis threw down the gauntlet - and blew away any post-Easter cobwebs on consumer goods newsdesks in Europe - in the battle for the ownership of Italian dairy group Parmalat this morning (26 April) with a takeover bid for the entire business.
| 17 Jan 2014
Greek food group Vivartia has secured distribution for its Delta Greek yoghurts and cheeses in France and Italy after a deal with Italian dairy firm Granarolo.
| 10 Oct 2013
Granarolo has taken a minority stake in goat's milk specialist Amalattea in a deal the Italian dairy group said would provide it with access to the growing category.
| 11 Jan 2013
Italian dairy group Granarolo has announced its entry into France via the acquisition of French cheese maker CIPF Codipal for an undisclosed fee.
| 1 Sep 2011
Italian dairy company Granarolo has snapped up local cheese maker Lat Bri.
| 27 Apr 2011
Italian companies are reportedly not preparing a counter bid for Parmalat, the country's largest dairy processor, which is subject to a EUR3.4bn takeover offer from France's Lactalis.
| 26 Apr 2011
Lactalis, the French dairy giant, has upped the ante in the battle for Italian rival Paramlat with the announcement this morning (26 April) of a takeover bid for the entire business.
| 6 Apr 2011
Italian dairy group Parmalat, facing speculation about its future after Lactalis's investment in the company, has refused to be drawn on reports linking it with a possible move for smaller rival Granarolo.
| 24 Mar 2011
Italian dairy group Granarolo saw its profits drop in 2010 on the back of what it described as a "complex economic scenario", hit by rising raw-material costs and the economic crisis in its domestic market.
| 23 Mar 2011
The Italian government has passed a new law that could allow Parmalat to postpone its AGM, potentially giving critics of Lactalis's investment in the Italian dairy giant more time to consider their options.
| 22 Mar 2011
Three funds have entered into an agreement to sell their 15.3% stake in Parmalat to Lactalis because their plans to elect a "highly-qualified board" have been "compromised".
| 22 Mar 2011
Lactalis today (22 March) announced it has entered an agreement to buy a further 15.3% stake in Italian dairy and food manufacturer Parmalat, increasing its shareholding to 29%.
- What Grexit could mean for the food industry
- just-food's pick: Top trends at Fancy Food Show
- Focus: Can General Mills improve US retail sales?
- How Russia's embargo affects domestic firms
- Focus: ConAgra own-label exit plan is about growth
- Mondelez launches Oreo Thins in US
- Leclerc to contest ruling on supplier payments
- North Castle acquires stake in Sprout
- ABF's Kingsmill returns to Tesco
- UK's first free range milk label launched
- Nestlé SA in Packaged Food: Confectionery, Ice Cream, Sauces, Dressings and Condiments (World)
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Global Savory Snacks Market: News and Events April 2015