Greek food group Vivartia has secured distribution for its Delta Greek yoghurts and cheeses in France and Italy after a deal with Italian dairy firm Granarolo.
Granarolo has taken a minority stake in goat's milk specialist Amalattea in a deal the Italian dairy group said would provide it with access to the growing category.
Italian dairy group Granarolo has announced its entry into France via the acquisition of French cheese maker CIPF Codipal for an undisclosed fee.
Italian dairy company Granarolo has snapped up local cheese maker Lat Bri.
Italian companies are reportedly not preparing a counter bid for Parmalat, the country's largest dairy processor, which is subject to a EUR3.4bn takeover offer from France's Lactalis.
- SIAL 2014: Greek yoghurt firm Fage targets Europe
- On the money: Spreads, ice cream top Unilever woes
- Why Nestle is relaxed about the China "drag"
- Focus: Will Danone return to growth in dairy?
- SIAL: French firm Michel et Augustin to enter US
- SIAL 2014: Premier in talks over US manufacturing
- Symington's acquires Tanfield Foods
- Kellogg, Nestle slammed for "chaotic" salt policy
- Heinz silent over Polish factory expansion talk
- Premier cautious on profits after Q3 sales slide