Food manufacturers are catching some flack for extending payment terms to their suppliers. The growing tension in the supply chain points to...
Over the last twelve months Irish food group Greencore outperformed the overall food market in UK, its largest market, on the back of its ex...
Kerry Group is reportedly mulling the sale of its frozen food business. The company has seen strong sales and profit momentum at its ingredi...
Chilled ready meals is big business in the UK and it's a business still in growth. But only just about. Last year's horsemeat contamination...
With consumers assessing whet they eat on health and ethical grounds, UK-based meat-free products manufacturer Quorn Foods has benefited. The business also enjoyed a boost from last year's horsemeat contamination saga. Dean Best met Quorn CEO Kevin Brennan to discuss the company's recent growth.
Convenience food group Greencore has experienced an eventful few years. The Ireland-based manufacturer was beaten to the acquisition of the UK's Northern Foods. This year, Greencore was caught up in the horsemeat contamination saga that rocked the European food industry. However, the company has continued to expand in the UK and in the US. In part one of the just-food interview, Michelle Russell speaks to chief executive Patrick Coveney about the challenges of operating in a difficult UK market.
Greencore, the Irish food maker, booked an increase in first-half sales and profits thanks to expansion and new customer wins in the UK and US food-to-go markets.
Greencore has booked a 4% increase in first quarter sales as the private label supplier eked out growth in the UK and reported a solid performance from its US business.
The takeover battles for Chiquita Brands International and for Hillshire Brands were among the stories that grabbed your interest in 2014.
The UK government is considering allowing ready meal manufacturers to put the official five-a-day logo on their products.
The bidding for Egyptian snacks group Bisco Misr intensified, there was speculation over Kerry Group's frozen ready-meal business and Danone sold its dairy business in Indonesia.
Sachin Tendulkar isn't alone in bidding farewell to colleagues as, today, I enter into my final few hours as news editor for just-food.
Greencore Group plc - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partners
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Chilled & Deli Food in Europe
Chilled & Deli Food in Europe industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also contain...
Chilled & Deli Food in the United Kingdom
Chilled & Deli Food in the United Kingdom industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile...
- Why Arla upbeat about LatAm prospects
- M&A Watch - Could Cloetta be takeover target?
- Comment: Can Applegate retain trust under Hormel?
- Sweets & Snacks Expo: just-food's pick
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- Yildiz eyeing further deals - reports
- Weetabix gets new private-equity investor
- PAI, Pamplona "eyeing Bakkavor stake"
- Food industry news of week: GMOs, Arla, Mondelez
- FrieslandCampina ends Bongrain German tie-up
- Successful New Product Development Strategies in the Food, Drinks and Personal Care Market
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- The Future of the Ice Cream Market in the United Kingdom to 2019
- Marks & Spencer (Asia Pacific) Ltd in Retailing (Hong Kong, China)
- Consumer Foodservice in Indonesia