Chilled ready meals is big business in the UK and it's a business still in growth. But only just about. Last year's horsemeat contamination...
Greencore this morning (26 November) revealed an increase in annual earnings and sales. The convenience food group said it enters its new fi...
Greencore has insisted it remains "confident" of meeting City expectations of higher earnings despite the prospect of "tough" UK trading con...
Convenience food group Greencore this morning (21 May) booked an increase in first-half earnings but warned about "tough" UK market conditio...
With consumers assessing whet they eat on health and ethical grounds, UK-based meat-free products manufacturer Quorn Foods has benefited. The business also enjoyed a boost from last year's horsemeat contamination saga. Dean Best met Quorn CEO Kevin Brennan to discuss the company's recent growth.
Convenience food group Greencore has experienced an eventful few years. The Ireland-based manufacturer was beaten to the acquisition of the UK's Northern Foods. This year, Greencore was caught up in the horsemeat contamination saga that rocked the European food industry. However, the company has continued to expand in the UK and in the US. In part one of the just-food interview, Michelle Russell speaks to chief executive Patrick Coveney about the challenges of operating in a difficult UK market.
Greencore has said it is confident it can deliver annual earnings in line with market expectations after posting higher sales for the third quarter of its financial year.
Greencore's drive into the food-to-go sector in the US and UK lifted the group's first-half sales.
Origin Enterprises has announced the appointment of Imelda Hurley as chief financial officer.
Greencore is investing in a new sandwich manufacturing facility to serve the north-east of the US, a move that will see production end at two other sites.
Tesco's bid to try again to revitalise its UK sales grabbed the headlines this week and we looked at the retailer's moves to build a multichannel business. just-food also reported from the Gulfood trade fair in Dubai, where we met a series of senior executives including Mondelez International's regional boss. Our interview pages this week also featured the boss of gluten-free firm Dr Schär's UK arm and the CFO of Scandinavian dairy giant Arla Foods.
Sachin Tendulkar isn't alone in bidding farewell to colleagues as, today, I enter into my final few hours as news editor for just-food.
- BRICs and beyond: Fonterra, Beingmate partnership
- Comment: Competition to rise on whey investments
- On the money: Mengniu hones in on "star" brands
- just-food interview: Agropur CEO Robert Coallier
- Consuming issues: The hunger-obesity paradox
- Valio lactose-free trucks stopped at Russia border
- Heinz halves sugar in ketchup launch
- Bisco Misr says Kellogg eyeing majority stake
- H1 profits down at dairy group FrieslandCampina
- Olam sells Cote d'Ivoire dairy to FrieslandCampina
- China - ISA Country Report
- New Strategies for offering Convenience in Food - targeting new occasions, best practice and new solutions
- Other Dairy in Russia
- David Chapman's Ice Cream Ltd in Packaged Food (Canada)
- Global Food and Grocery Retailing, 2013-2018: Market Dynamics, Retail Trends and Competitive Landscape