Rising dairy prices have weighed on profits at Babybel and The Laughing Cow cheese maker Groupe Bel.
Groupe Bel, the French cheese maker behind The Laughing Cow and Babybel, has reported a 3.5% rise in first-quarter sales, helped by growth in western Europe and the Middle East.
UK-based confectionery company Tangerine has appointed former United Biscuits CEO Benoit Testard as its new chief executive.
Bel, the French company behind Babybel and Boursin cheese, has posted a 2.8% rise in third-quarter sales.
French cheese firm Groupe Bel has booked an increase in first-half earnings but warned high raw material prices will have a "strong" impact on profits in the second half.
- M&A Watch: Why Danone/Lifeway deal could be next
- Shopper trends: Some confidence but promos popular
- just-food's pick: Natural Products Expo top 10
- Sustainability Watch: WhiteWave Foods
- Focus: Gen Mills turns to M&A to bolster US ops
- Burton's "eyeing" United Biscuits merger
- Premier Foods revamp creates three divisions
- General Mills Q1 profits tumble
- Unilever to boost presence in Nigeria
- Sales, operating profit up at Quorn Foods