France-based cheese supplier Groupe Bel saw profits fall in 2014, in part soured by raw material costs in the early part of the year.
Dairy group Bel has said it is catering to the growing demand for adult cheese snacks in the UK with the launch of a a range under its The Laughing Cow brand.
Groupe Bel has said it expects its operating profit to have fallen in 2014 amid high raw material prices and fluctuations in foreign exchange.
French cheese manufacturer Groupe Bel saw sales grow in the first nine months of the year but warned input costs are expected to weigh on profits.
This week, PepsiCo and Mondelez International announced the launch of new facilities in the Middle East. Elsewhere, Nestle formed a new business unit in a bid to leverage its scale. just-food's Dean Best interviewed Chobani Australia MD Peter Meek who said the yoghurt firm's ambitions in the country and in south-east Asia. We also shone the spotlight on the Indian dairy sector in our monthly management briefing. Here is the week in quotes.
Fromageries Bel SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profi
Synopsis Canadean's "Fromageries Bel SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile c...
Fromageries Bel SA in Packaged Food (France)
Fromageries Bel should be satisfied with its ongoing growth in France, although it still faces strong challenges such as the ongoing volatility of milk prices, subsequently tough conditions in its dea...
Dairy in Portugal
Dairy in Portugal industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also contains descriptio...
- Analysis: Is Heinz, Kraft merger "a growth story"?
- Why Heinz-Kraft merger could herald more deals
- Focus: Can Mars gain share in Indian chocolate?
- The challenges awaiting ConAgra's new CEO
- The challenge of digital marketing and ROI
- Mondelez coy on Philadelphia sale rumours
- Fatal explosion at French desserts firm Senagral
- ConAgra confirms another private-label charge
- Infographic: Heinz, Kraft unveil combined business
- Lawsuit says Quorn "deadly poison" for 11-year-old