Hormel Foods' latest move to inject more growth into its business - a move for US organic meats firm Applegate Farms - grabbed the headlines this week. In Europe, France's Groupe Bel struck a deal in Africa and is to take a majority stake in Moroccan dairy Safilait.
French cheese maker Bel reported a 7.5% rise in sales for the first quarter, rising to EUR714m (US$799m).
France-based cheese supplier Groupe Bel saw profits fall in 2014, in part soured by raw material costs in the early part of the year.
Dairy group Bel has said it is catering to the growing demand for adult cheese snacks in the UK with the launch of a a range under its The Laughing Cow brand.
Groupe Bel has said it expects its operating profit to have fallen in 2014 amid high raw material prices and fluctuations in foreign exchange.
Fromageries Bel SA in Packaged Food (France)
Fromageries Bel should be satisfied with its ongoing growth in France, although it still faces strong challenges such as the ongoing volatility of milk prices, subsequently tough conditions in its dea...
Dairy in Portugal
Dairy in Portugal industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also contains descriptio...
Cheese in France
Cheese in France is expected to experience a positive performance in 2014, increasing by 2% in both current value and volume terms. Cheese remains a star category for French consumers, benefiting from...
- M&A Watch - Could Cloetta be takeover target?
- Why Arla upbeat about LatAm prospects
- Comment: Can Applegate retain trust under Hormel?
- How the Applegate acquisition will benefit Hormel
- Why "added-value" is key in LatAm yoghurt
- Yildiz eyeing further deals - reports
- PAI, Pamplona "eyeing Bakkavor stake"
- Heinz, Boulder face off in Smart Balance TM spat
- FrieslandCampina ends Bongrain German tie-up
- Wal-Mart acts on animal welfare, antibiotics
- Successful New Product Development Strategies in the Food, Drinks and Personal Care Market
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- The Future of the Ice Cream Market in the United Kingdom to 2019
- Consumer Foodservice in Indonesia
- Marks & Spencer (Asia Pacific) Ltd in Retailing (Hong Kong, China)