Grupo Nutresa, the Colombia-based food manufacturer and restaurant operator, has reported a rise in sales and operating profit for 2016 but saw financial expenses weigh on its bottom line.
Colombian chocolate-to-pasta maker Grupo Nutresa has booked higher nine-month sales and operating profit but reported a fall in net earnings.
Colombian chocolate-to-pasta maker Grupo Nutresa has reported total sales of COP4.2 trillion (US$1.3bn) for the first half of 2016 – a 17.4% increase compared to the same period last year.
Grupo Nutresa has recorded a rise in profits and sales for the first quarter of the year.
"Outstanding" sales in Colombia have led to a group sales jump of 22.6% for Grupo Nutresa however higher taxes saw full year profits hit.
Grupo Nutresa, Colombia's largest processed foods group, has reported higher nine-month sales and operating income, although an increase in finance expenses weighed on its bottom line.
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Germany's Haribo plans first US candy plant