Grupo Nutresa, the Colombia-based food manufacturer and restaurant operator, has reported a rise in sales and operating profit for 2016 but saw financial expenses weigh on its bottom line.
Colombian chocolate-to-pasta maker Grupo Nutresa has booked higher nine-month sales and operating profit but reported a fall in net earnings.
Colombian chocolate-to-pasta maker Grupo Nutresa has reported total sales of COP4.2 trillion (US$1.3bn) for the first half of 2016 – a 17.4% increase compared to the same period last year.
Grupo Nutresa has recorded a rise in profits and sales for the first quarter of the year.
"Outstanding" sales in Colombia have led to a group sales jump of 22.6% for Grupo Nutresa however higher taxes saw full year profits hit.
Grupo Nutresa, Colombia's largest processed foods group, has reported higher nine-month sales and operating income, although an increase in finance expenses weighed on its bottom line.
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill