Sales in the frozen aisle have been lacklustre in the US for some years. However, increased competitive activity from the likes of Nestle, C...
Tyson Foods has won through in the bidding war to acquire Hillshire Brands with an improved US$63 per share offer for the for the Jimmy Dean...
Tyson Foods entered fray today (29 May) when it issued a fresh bid for Hillshire Brands, trumping an earlier offer from Pilgrim's Pride. Lik...
With the bidding war for Hillshire Brands intensifying, it is pertinent to point out just how correct Sara Lee's management - and those on W...
This week, Treehouse Foods announced a deal to buy US private-label peer Flagstone Foods. In other M&A news in the US, Tyson Foods and Hillshire Brands finalised an agreement over a takeover of the Jimmy Dean meats manufacturer. Chinese firm Huaxia Dairy and ethnic foods supplier Shazans both announced expansion following investments in the companies. Elsewhere, Burton's Biscuit Co. was in hot water with union officials after announcing 64 jobs were to go at its Edinburgh site.
Tyson Foods and Hillshire Brands today (2 July) entered into a "definitive" agreement that will see the US meat processor acquire the maker of Jimmy Dean sausages for US$8.55bn.
Pinnacle Foods plans to use the break-up fee it will receive from the termination of its proposed agreement to be sold to Hillshire Brands to lower its debts.
US poultry processor Pilgrim's Pride has confirmed it is still looking to make acquisitions after pulling out of the race to buy Jimmy Dean sausage maker Hillshire Brands.
Free-from has been a focus for just-food this week. Growing awareness of dietary issues are propelling demand for free-from products from lifestylers and consumers with intolerances or allergies alike.
- On the move: What's in store from Tesco's new CEO?
- On the money: Can Premier build H2 sales momentum?
- Focus: Lindt plays safe with Russell Stover buy
- Interview: Bell hits out at German cartel ruling
- On the money: Steady as she goes at Cloetta
- UPDATE: Premier establishes international unit
- Campbell issues warning on 2014/15 fiscal year
- S&A Foods announces restructure, 55 jobs to go
- Universal Robina to buy biscuit firm Griffin's
- Premier launches Oxo pots range in UK