For US and European companies exporting products to Russia, the operating environment has been challenging to say the least. Recent comments...
In a period of escalating international tensions, Russia is turning to the use of trade restrictions as a political weapon. This adds a laye...
Scandinavian meat group HKScan plans to focus on product development and brand building in order to grow the proportion of sales it generates from added value products. Katy Askew spoke to Magnus Sjohlm, VP of business development, at this year's Anuga to find out more about the company's new-found focus on NPD.
Scandinavian meat-to-convenience foods group HKScan has downgraded its operating profit forecast for 2013 today. While the company has delivered on the turnaround plan it unveiled last year, it said export pressures and a shift in its product mix would hit EBIT. Nevertheless, CEO Hannu Kottonen insists HKScan will continue to drive operational improvements in the coming 12 months.
TreeHouse Foods first quarter sales surged – but the US food group cut its forecast for annual earnings. Inventure Foods revealed the devastating impact of the listeria recall. Meanwhile, Petra Foods commented on the slowdown in the Indonesian economy and weaker consumer sentiment. Here is just-food's weekly results round-up.
Nordic meat producer HKScan has introduced a range of halal chicken products in the UK market.
Finland-based meat processor HKScan has outlined plans for sales offices in China and Hong Kong.
HKScan, the European meat group, said it made "excellent progress" in its strategic transformation throughout 2014, a year of strengthening profits.
Finland-based meat processor HKScan has confirmed its latest restructuring measures in Denmark will lead to the loss of 88 jobs.
Russia has insisted it has no plans to lift the EU ban on food imports, its deputy prime minister, Arkady Dvorkovich, told an audience at the World Economic Forum on Wednesday (21 January).
Moscow's decision to ban EU shipments of pork products entering Russia is "clearly disproportionate, discriminatory and not based on science", Brussels said today (30 June) as it detailed why it had asked the WTO to intervene.
HKScan Corporation : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profi
Canadean's "HKScan Corporation : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a...
HKScan Estonia AS in Packaged Food (Estonia)
As a further step in an ongoing process to clarify and streamline its legal structure, HKScan Oyj on 2 June 2014 merged its two Estonian subsidiaries, Rakvere Lihakombinaat AS and Tallegg AS, to form...
Chilled Processed Food in Estonia
Chilled processed meat and chilled fish/seafood remain hugely popular among Estonians. These product types, which are seen as a good source of protein and considered to healthier than canned/preserved...
- Why Arla upbeat about LatAm prospects
- M&A Watch - Could Cloetta be takeover target?
- Sweets & Snacks Expo: just-food's pick
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- Comment: Can Applegate retain trust under Hormel?
- Yildiz eyeing further deals - reports
- Weetabix gets new private-equity investor
- PAI, Pamplona "eyeing Bakkavor stake"
- Food industry news of week: GMOs, Arla, Mondelez
- FrieslandCampina ends Bongrain German tie-up
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- The Future of the Ice Cream Market in the United Kingdom to 2019
- Successful New Product Development Strategies in the Food, Drinks and Personal Care Market
- Marks & Spencer (Asia Pacific) Ltd in Retailing (Hong Kong, China)
- Pizza Delivery & Takeaway in the UK - Industry Market Research Report