Scandinavian meat group HKScan plans to focus on product development and brand building in order to grow the proportion of sales it generates from added value products. Katy Askew spoke to Magnus Sjohlm, VP of business development, at this year's Anuga to find out more about the company's new-found focus on NPD.
Scandinavian meat-to-convenience foods group HKScan has downgraded its operating profit forecast for 2013 today. While the company has delivered on the turnaround plan it unveiled last year, it said export pressures and a shift in its product mix would hit EBIT. Nevertheless, CEO Hannu Kottonen insists HKScan will continue to drive operational improvements in the coming 12 months.
HKScan has announced it has taken up a 24% share in Svenska Kottforetagen AB, an industry organisation formed of a network of Swedish slaughtering company.
HKScan, the Finnish meat processor, has slowed its earnings decline in the face of falling sales and pressure on pricing.
HKScan has announced it is opening two European sites to boost production.
Finland-based meat group HKScan has finalised the cuts it will make to white-collar and managerial positions in its domestic market.
The sale of HKScan's shares in a venture in Poland helped grow the Finland-based meat processor's first-half profits but the company saw revenues fall in the six months to the end of June.
Moscow's decision to ban EU shipments of pork products entering Russia is "clearly disproportionate, discriminatory and not based on science", Brussels said today (30 June) as it detailed why it had asked the WTO to intervene.
- BRICs: The thinking behind Mondelez's Vietnam deal
- Interview part 1: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- Comment: Why Gardein is Pinnacle's ideal fodder
- Deal or no deal: Should Danone buy Mead Johnson?
- Prospects for protein: Snacks growth to continue
- Kellogg trumps Abraaj bid for Bisco Misr
- Raisio buys UK, Ireland and Belgium Benecol ops
- 2 Sisters Food Group posts higher annual losses
- Wrigley opposes Perfetti Van Melle "WTF" TM
- Dutch confirm second bird flu outbreak
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Dairy Product Production in China
- Energy Bars Market in Canada: Market Profile to 2017
- The Snackification of Breakfast
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report