US group Hormel Foods has been busy looking for acquisitions in recent quarters, succeeding in some places and apparently being thwarted els...
Tyson Foods entered fray today (29 May) when it issued a fresh bid for Hillshire Brands, trumping an earlier offer from Pilgrim's Pride. Lik...
The hunter became the hunted yesterday (27 May) as Pilgrim's Pride made a hostile bid for Hillshire Brands. The news comes just days after H...
Japanese condiments maker Mizkan Group has set out a clear growth agenda to grow overseas sales and globalise its operations in order to off...
Russia's food embargo still stands but this week it eased the ban to allow in some agricultural commodities to bolster its food production. The Chiquita takeover saga continued with bidders Cutrale Group and Safra Group appealing to the produce group's shareholders to vote against its merger with Fyffes. Elsewhere, we analysed the performance and outlook for Lindt & Sprungli and Hain Celestial, two companies enjoying robust growth.
Shares in Hormel Foods jumped today (21 August) as the US group reported third-quarter earnings that beat Wall Street expectations.
Tyson Foods and Hormel Foods have had processing plants and cold storage facilities barred from exporting pork to China over the use of a feed additive that promotes lean muscle growth.
Sports nutrition group CytoSport is hoping its sale to Hormel Foods will expand its presence internationally.
Shares in Hormel Foods fell today (21 May), despite the US food group posting higher second-quarter profits, after the company said annual earnings would be at the low end of its forecast.
- How City reacted to Tesco's profit over-statement
- M&A Watch: Why Danone/Lifeway deal could be next
- just-food's pick: Natural Products Expo top 10
- Viewpoint: Baptism of fire for new Tesco CEO Lewis
- just-food's pick: Natural Products Expo top tweets
- Arla: New Vigor deal to boost our Brazil presence
- United Biscuits attracts bids of over GBP2bn
- WhiteWave to buy dairy-free firm So Delicious
- Jobs to go at United Biscuits UK site
- General Mills plans to close two US plants