Brazil-based JBS is already the world's largest meat supplier but it has its sights on growing further in value-added products and in Asia -...
US group Hormel Foods has been busy looking for acquisitions in recent quarters, succeeding in some places and apparently being thwarted els...
Tyson Foods entered fray today (29 May) when it issued a fresh bid for Hillshire Brands, trumping an earlier offer from Pilgrim's Pride. Lik...
The hunter became the hunted yesterday (27 May) as Pilgrim's Pride made a hostile bid for Hillshire Brands. The news comes just days after H...
Our analysis of the key developments and trends in emerging markets - both within the countries and how local companies are eyeing expansion - attracted your attention in 2014.
Hormel Foods and Cargill have dissolved their joint venture partnership for the Precept Foods brand.
The bidding for Egyptian snacks group Bisco Misr intensified, there was speculation over Kerry Group's frozen ready-meal business and Danone sold its dairy business in Indonesia.
The much-awaited campylobacter tests on supermarket chicken in the UK were published this week. On the mergers and acquisitions side, Abraaj raised its bid yet again for Bisco Misr. Conversely, Danone was reported to be mulling a sale of its shares in the Yakult business and Kerry Group was reportedly looking to offload its frozen ready-meals arm in the UK. Meanwhile, Ireland's Greencore published some strong annual results. Here is the week in quotes.
Hormel Foods has revealed it is considering leaving Vietnam, a market where it has a business with Philippines conglomerate San Miguel Corp.
- General Mills US "priority" categories gain share
- Interview part 2: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- 2015 preview: A better deal for M&A sellers
- Interview part 1: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- Interview: How BRF plans growth in stagnant Europe
- Kraft to reappraise business, says new CEO Cahill
- General Mills earnings drop one-third
- Pork Farms "disappointed" over Kerry deal ruling
- Bimbo to buy Saputo's bakery arm
- PepsiCo opens snacks plant in Saudi Arabia