Against a backdrop of weak consumer confidence and falling prices, four of France's leading four retailers have, in two deals, decided to te...
Competition in the French retail scene could be about to heat up, with market leader Carrefour reporting an improvement in its domestic oper...
Tesco announced today (23 August) it is joining a number of French retailers and becoming the first UK retailer to launch a click-and-collec...
United Biscuits is set for a new owner - Turkey's Yildiz Holding. The UK-based snacks maker announced this week brands including McVitie's and BN would join Godiva chocolate in the Yildiz portfolio. The M&A spotlight was firmly on the UK last week, with German giant Müller striking a deal to buy Dairy Crest's liquid milk assets - competition approval pending.
A French court has approved Intermarché's takeover offer for local pork processor Gad's plant in Brittany.
French retailer Intermarché has submitted its bid for a plant owned by ailing pork processor Gad.
French retail giant Intermarche has confirmed its interest in a plant owned by ailing pork processor Gad.
Italian private-label cheese manufacturer Castelli plans to expand its export business by growing sales in central and eastern Europe and Asia.
ITMI - Norte Sul Portugal SA (Grupo Os Mosqueteiros) in Reta
In 2012, ITMI Norte Sul Portugal continued its international strategy of rebranding its outlets into Intermarché Super and Intermarché Contact. This was in line with its outlet renovation programme an...
Grocery Retailers in Portugal
In 2013 current value sales in grocery retailers in Portugal declined by 2%, to reach €19.8 billion. This was a slightly better performance compared with 2012. The acute drop in the employment rate, a...
The French Confectionery Market: What Consumers Eat and Why?
This report provides the results for the Confectionery market in France from Canadean’s unique, highly detailed study of consumers’ Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) consumption habits, and forms part of...
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Unilever must "speed" response to consumer trends
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Why US diet guidelines should consider environment
- Emerging markets online: India's food retail scene
- Food industry news of week: Unilever, PepsiCo
- Tootsie Roll CEO Melvin Gordon dies at 95
- Chobani launches Tots infant range
- McCain to close Grobbendonk plant in Belgium
- Premier Foods hails "improving" sales trends
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- Meat Substitutes Market - Global Trends, Forecasts up to 2019