Blackstone Group and PAI Partners are progressing with plans to offload UK Jacob's-to-McVitie's manufacturer United Biscuits. The question o...
Much media attention has focused on whether the private-equity owners of United Biscuits are preparing to sell off the UK biscuit maker. How...
Private-equity firm Langholm Capital was this week reported to have put UK crisp group Tyrrells on the market. Langholm has declined to comm...
The private-equity owners of Burton's Biscuit Co. are "considering options" for the UK's second-largest biscuit maker, a process that could...
Intersnack announced this morning (5 December) that it has reached an agreement to purchase the snacks arm of United Biscuits, KP Snacks. The news ended months of speculation over who would acquire the unit after it was put on the block by its private-equity owners, Blackstone and PAI Partners. Intersnack international marketing director Bernd ter Glane spoke to Katy Askew about the German company's plans for the group.
KP Snacks, the UK arm of Intersnack, is expanding the Hula Hoops brand with the launch of Hula Hoops Puft.
Intersnack's UK arm KP Snacks has confirmed it is to close its Consett plant in 2015, a move that is set to see more than 100 jobs go.
Philippines conglomerate San Miguel Corp. and Saudi food group Savola are reportedly considering making moves for United Biscuits.
Up to 186 jobs are at risk at Hula Hoops and Skips owner KP Snacks after the UK company firm announced plans to close two sites in Consett and Corby.
Kellogg has declined to comment on reports that it is preparing a GBP2bn (US$3.4bn) bid for UK McVitie's-to-Jacob's biscuit maker United Biscuits.
Intersnack Magyarország Kft in Packaged Food (Hungary)
Intersnack Magyarország has faced serious losses in sales due to the introduction of the public health tax in Hungary. Demand weakened in most categories, where Intersnack held significant market shar...
Sweet and Savoury Snacks in Hungary
Sweet and savoury snacks continued to be dominated by two different trends in 2013. Although the crucial decline of salty snacks stopped in summer 2012 due to the boosting effect of the European Footb...
Packaged Food in Hungary
In 2013 the packaged food market experienced positive developments as the volume sales decline turned into stagnation or moderate growth, whilst value sales achieved positive results in all categories...
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Unilever must "speed" response to consumer trends
- Why US diet guidelines should consider environment
- Global factors hold sway over UK milk prices
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Food industry news of week: Unilever, PepsiCo
- Chobani launches Tots infant range
- Premier Foods hails "improving" sales trends
- PepsiCo rolls out "sweet" Cheetos
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report