The mature confectionery and snack markets of Europe are not fast-growth environments in which to operate. In this context, innovation has b...
Blackstone Group and PAI Partners are progressing with plans to offload UK Jacob's-to-McVitie's manufacturer United Biscuits. The question o...
Much media attention has focused on whether the private-equity owners of United Biscuits are preparing to sell off the UK biscuit maker. How...
Private-equity firm Langholm Capital was this week reported to have put UK crisp group Tyrrells on the market. Langholm has declined to comm...
Intersnack announced this morning (5 December) that it has reached an agreement to purchase the snacks arm of United Biscuits, KP Snacks. The news ended months of speculation over who would acquire the unit after it was put on the block by its private-equity owners, Blackstone and PAI Partners. Intersnack international marketing director Bernd ter Glane spoke to Katy Askew about the German company's plans for the group.
KP Snacks, the UK arm of Intersnack, is expanding the Hula Hoops brand with the launch of Hula Hoops Puft.
Intersnack's UK arm KP Snacks has confirmed it is to close its Consett plant in 2015, a move that is set to see more than 100 jobs go.
Philippines conglomerate San Miguel Corp. and Saudi food group Savola are reportedly considering making moves for United Biscuits.
Up to 186 jobs are at risk at Hula Hoops and Skips owner KP Snacks after the UK company firm announced plans to close two sites in Consett and Corby.
Kellogg has declined to comment on reports that it is preparing a GBP2bn (US$3.4bn) bid for UK McVitie's-to-Jacob's biscuit maker United Biscuits.
Intersnack Magyarország Kft in Packaged Food (Hungary)
Intersnack Magyarország has faced serious losses in sales due to the introduction of the public health tax in Hungary. Demand weakened in most categories, where Intersnack held significant market shar...
Potato Chips in Europe
Potato Chips in Europe industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also con...
Savory Snacks in Europe
Savory Snacks in Europe industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also contains desc...
- Why Arla upbeat about LatAm prospects
- M&A Watch - Could Cloetta be takeover target?
- Comment: Can Applegate retain trust under Hormel?
- How the Applegate acquisition will benefit Hormel
- Sweets & Snacks Expo: just-food's pick
- Yildiz eyeing further deals - reports
- PAI, Pamplona "eyeing Bakkavor stake"
- Heinz, Boulder face off in Smart Balance TM spat
- FrieslandCampina ends Bongrain German tie-up
- Wal-Mart acts on animal welfare, antibiotics
- Successful New Product Development Strategies in the Food, Drinks and Personal Care Market
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- The Future of the Ice Cream Market in the United Kingdom to 2019
- Consumer Foodservice in Indonesia
- Marks & Spencer (Asia Pacific) Ltd in Retailing (Hong Kong, China)