Blackstone Group and PAI Partners are progressing with plans to offload UK Jacob's-to-McVitie's manufacturer United Biscuits. The question o...
Much media attention has focused on whether the private-equity owners of United Biscuits are preparing to sell off the UK biscuit maker. How...
Private-equity firm Langholm Capital was this week reported to have put UK crisp group Tyrrells on the market. Langholm has declined to comm...
The private-equity owners of Burton's Biscuit Co. are "considering options" for the UK's second-largest biscuit maker, a process that could...
Intersnack announced this morning (5 December) that it has reached an agreement to purchase the snacks arm of United Biscuits, KP Snacks. The news ended months of speculation over who would acquire the unit after it was put on the block by its private-equity owners, Blackstone and PAI Partners. Intersnack international marketing director Bernd ter Glane spoke to Katy Askew about the German company's plans for the group.
Intersnack's UK arm KP Snacks has confirmed it is to close its Consett plant in 2015, a move that is set to see more than 100 jobs go.
Philippines conglomerate San Miguel Corp. and Saudi food group Savola are reportedly considering making moves for United Biscuits.
Up to 186 jobs are at risk at Hula Hoops and Skips owner KP Snacks after the UK company firm announced plans to close two sites in Consett and Corby.
Kellogg has declined to comment on reports that it is preparing a GBP2bn (US$3.4bn) bid for UK McVitie's-to-Jacob's biscuit maker United Biscuits.
KP Snacks, the UK arm of German snack group Intersnack, is launching an "American-style" line for its McCoy's brand.
- Focus: Danone CEO Faber puts stamp on business
- Cleaning up Tesco will have mixed supplier impact
- The just-food interview: Doux CEO Arnaud Marion
- Interview part 2: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- General Mills US "priority" categories gain share
- General Mills outlines "aggressive" NPD drive
- Coles supplier payments broke competition law
- Lay's heads "billionaire food brands" list
- General Mills earnings drop one-third
- Kraft to reappraise business, says new CEO Cahill