Blackstone Group and PAI Partners are progressing with plans to offload UK Jacob's-to-McVitie's manufacturer United Biscuits. The question o...
Much media attention has focused on whether the private-equity owners of United Biscuits are preparing to sell off the UK biscuit maker. How...
Private-equity firm Langholm Capital was this week reported to have put UK crisp group Tyrrells on the market. Langholm has declined to comm...
The private-equity owners of Burton's Biscuit Co. are "considering options" for the UK's second-largest biscuit maker, a process that could...
Intersnack announced this morning (5 December) that it has reached an agreement to purchase the snacks arm of United Biscuits, KP Snacks. The news ended months of speculation over who would acquire the unit after it was put on the block by its private-equity owners, Blackstone and PAI Partners. Intersnack international marketing director Bernd ter Glane spoke to Katy Askew about the German company's plans for the group.
Philippines conglomerate San Miguel Corp. and Saudi food group Savola are reportedly considering making moves for United Biscuits.
Up to 186 jobs are at risk at Hula Hoops and Skips owner KP Snacks after the UK company firm announced plans to close two sites in Consett and Corby.
Kellogg has declined to comment on reports that it is preparing a GBP2bn (US$3.4bn) bid for UK McVitie's-to-Jacob's biscuit maker United Biscuits.
KP Snacks, the UK arm of German snack group Intersnack, is launching an "American-style" line for its McCoy's brand.
Confectioners have gathered from all over the world to attend sector-specific trade show ISM in Cologne this week. Many companies are showcasing some of their most recent innovations, providing an indication of the latest trends in global confectionery markets. Here is a selection of some NPD that caught our eye.
- Why Nestle is relaxed about the China "drag"
- Focus: Will Danone return to growth in dairy?
- SIAL 2014: Greek yoghurt firm Fage targets Europe
- SIAL French firm Michel et Augustin to enter US
- Focus: Why French retail deals could hit suppliers
- SIAL 2014: Premier in talks over US manufacturing
- Symington's acquires Tanfield Foods
- Danone "eyes acquisition of Mead Johnson"
- Kellogg, Nestle slammed for "chaotic" salt policy
- Heinz silent over Polish factory expansion talk