All signs are pointing to a growing public awareness of – and concern about – the use of human antibiotics in animals that will subsequently...
Brazil-based JBS is already the world's largest meat supplier but it has its sights on growing further in value-added products and in Asia -...
The dramatic M&A battle being played out in the US protein space comes as fresh evidence that food companies are willing to pay top-dollar f...
Tyson Foods entered fray today (29 May) when it issued a fresh bid for Hillshire Brands, trumping an earlier offer from Pilgrim's Pride. Lik...
French poultry supplier Groupe Doux is a company looking to the future after a challenging recent past. From June 2012, Doux spent 18 months in administration after pressure from raw material costs and a failed foray into Brazil. In the a two-part interview, Stuart Todd speaks to Doux CEO Arnaud Marion, the turnaround specialist hired by the administrators and who has stayed on to lead the business into what he hopes is sustained recovery.
Brazil's Vigor, created when meat giant JBS listed the business last year, wants to be the largest dairy company in the country. Two months ago, Vigor invested in rival Itambé, a deal that enabled it to take the number three spot in the Brazilian dairy sector. However, as Paula Krizanovic discovers, Vigor CEO Gilberto Xandó has grander ambitions for the business.
JBS chief executive Wesley Batista has reportedly indicated the Brazilian meat group is seeking further acquisitions in both North and South America, as well as Australia.
Brazilian protein group JBS reported a jump in both sales and earnings for the first quarter of the year, progress the group attributed to its strategic initiatives and drive to become a "global" business.
US poultry processor Pilgrim's Pride plans to remove all antibiotics from 25% of its chicken production by 2019.
Brazil-based meat giant JBS has labelled reports it is weighing up whether to return to plans to float its US unit as "press speculation".
Brazil-based meat giant JBS attributed a jump in 2014 sales and earnings to its transformation drive, which has aimed to turn the company into a "multinational of Brazilian origin".
JBS SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & F
Synopsis Canadean's "JBS SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a co...
JBS S.A. - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alli
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Global Top 10 Food Companies: Company Guide
Synopsis The Canadean Global Top 10 Food Companies: Company Guide is a crucial resource for anyone looking to gain information on the top companies in the global food industry. Detailed company profil...
- Why Arla upbeat about LatAm prospects
- M&A Watch - Could Cloetta be takeover target?
- Comment: Can Applegate retain trust under Hormel?
- Sweets & Snacks Expo: just-food's pick
- Why "added-value" is key in LatAm yoghurt
- Yildiz eyeing further deals - reports
- Weetabix gets new private-equity investor
- PAI, Pamplona "eyeing Bakkavor stake"
- Food industry news of week: GMOs, Arla, Mondelez
- FrieslandCampina ends Bongrain German tie-up
- Successful New Product Development Strategies in the Food, Drinks and Personal Care Market
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- The Future of the Ice Cream Market in the United Kingdom to 2019
- Marks & Spencer (Asia Pacific) Ltd in Retailing (Hong Kong, China)
- Consumer Foodservice in Indonesia