Brazil-based JBS is already the world's largest meat supplier but it has its sights on growing further in value-added products and in Asia -...
The dramatic M&A battle being played out in the US protein space comes as fresh evidence that food companies are willing to pay top-dollar f...
Tyson Foods entered fray today (29 May) when it issued a fresh bid for Hillshire Brands, trumping an earlier offer from Pilgrim's Pride. Lik...
With the bidding war for Hillshire Brands intensifying, it is pertinent to point out just how correct Sara Lee's management - and those on W...
French poultry supplier Groupe Doux is a company looking to the future after a challenging recent past. From June 2012, Doux spent 18 months in administration after pressure from raw material costs and a failed foray into Brazil. In the a two-part interview, Stuart Todd speaks to Doux CEO Arnaud Marion, the turnaround specialist hired by the administrators and who has stayed on to lead the business into what he hopes is sustained recovery.
Brazil's Vigor, created when meat giant JBS listed the business last year, wants to be the largest dairy company in the country. Two months ago, Vigor invested in rival Itambé, a deal that enabled it to take the number three spot in the Brazilian dairy sector. However, as Paula Krizanovic discovers, Vigor CEO Gilberto Xandó has grander ambitions for the business.
This week, Hershey announced the acquisition of meat jerky brand, Krave. Post also revealed it was to acquire US cereal brand MOM. Elsewhere, Campbell announced a reorganisation of its business and JBS US said it would pump US$75m into its Utah plant. Here is the week in quotes
JBS has announced plans to invest US$75m to expand capacity at its value-added beef processing plant in Hyrum, Utah.
JBS, the Brazilian protein giant, has insisted it "strongly denies" reports linking it to a corruption investigation being carried out by the Brazilian Federal Police, operation "Lava-Jato".
The Brazilian securities regulator, the CMV, has lifted its suspension on JBS's plan to list its processed food unit, JBS Foods.
The Brazilian securities regulator, the CMV, has suspended JBS's proposed float of its domestic consumer food unit for 30 days after the group's CEO made public comments on the group's plans in the Brazilian press.
JBS SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & F
Synopsis Canadean's "JBS SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a co...
JBS S.A. - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alli
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Global Top 10 Food Companies: Company Guide
Synopsis The Canadean Global Top 10 Food Companies: Company Guide is a crucial resource for anyone looking to gain information on the top companies in the global food industry. Detailed company profil...
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Lacklustre sales see Hershey turn to snacking
- Comment: Tread carefully over payment terms
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Hershey to acquire meat jerky firm Krave
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Hershey linked to takeover of jerky maker Krave
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report