The dramatic M&A battle being played out in the US protein space comes as fresh evidence that food companies are willing to pay top-dollar f...
Tyson Foods entered fray today (29 May) when it issued a fresh bid for Hillshire Brands, trumping an earlier offer from Pilgrim's Pride. Lik...
With the bidding war for Hillshire Brands intensifying, it is pertinent to point out just how correct Sara Lee's management - and those on W...
The hunter became the hunted yesterday (27 May) as Pilgrim's Pride made a hostile bid for Hillshire Brands. The news comes just days after H...
Brazil's Vigor, created when meat giant JBS listed the business last year, wants to be the largest dairy company in the country. Two months ago, Vigor invested in rival Itambé, a deal that enabled it to take the number three spot in the Brazilian dairy sector. However, as Paula Krizanovic discovers, Vigor CEO Gilberto Xandó has grander ambitions for the business.
JBS has declined to comment on whether it is to delay plans for the US$1.7bn initial public offering of its food unit.
Arla Foods has acquired a stake in Brazilian dairy company Vigor Alimentos.
Brazilian meat processor JBS has announced plans to double meat production capacity in Paraguay.
Brazilian meat group JBS is reportedly set to launch the initial public offering of its domestic unit JBS Foods "within weeks".
Brazilian meat giant JBS has reported a fall in profits for the second quarter of the year despite an increase in sales.
- Why Nestle is relaxed about the China "drag"
- SIAL 2014: Greek yoghurt firm Fage targets Europe
- Focus: Will Danone return to growth in dairy?
- SIAL: French firm Michel et Augustin to enter US
- Focus: Why French retail deals could hit suppliers
- SIAL 2014: Premier in talks over US manufacturing
- Symington's acquires Tanfield Foods
- Kellogg, Nestle slammed for "chaotic" salt policy
- Heinz silent over Polish factory expansion talk
- Danone "eyes acquisition of Mead Johnson"