The recent sale of Italian unit Trentinalatte confirms growth through acquisition is not something Emmi is always successful at. Would, Stef...
The proposed sale of BRF's Brazilian dairies unit to Lactalis-owned Parmalat looks set to be a win-win for both companies. BRF is focusing o...
Strategically, Dairy Crest's deals with fellow UK dairy group Fayrefield Foods and New Zealand dairy giant Fonterra to serve the global infa...
Parmalat, majority-owned by French dairy giant Lactalis, has made a significant move to bolster its business in Australia 15 years after it...
Dutch dairy giant FrieslandCampina has just reorganised its export operations. Cees Ruijgrok is overseeing a more integrated export effort to build on the overseas businesses Friesland Foods and Campina had before their 2008 merger. Dean Best spoke to Ruijgrok about the company's export ambitions.
Swiss dairy giant Emmi is embarking on two key strategies to develop its business. One is significant international expansion. The second is a global marketing programme that emphasises the "Swissness" of its products. Dean Best met Emmi's head of marketing Robin Barraclough at the SIAL food-industry expo to discuss this twin strategy.
Danone this week said Franck Riboud will step down as CEO after 18 years leading the French food giant. Across the Channel, the UK government announced plans for a food crime unit to tackle fraud. In emerging markets, Lactalis struck a deal to buy dairy assets from Brazil's BRF, while Egyptian snack group Bisco Misr said Kellogg had expressed an interest in buying the business.
The legal wrangle between Parmalat and Citibank continues to make its way through the Italian courts following a decision that an earlier US judgement requiring the dairy group to pay US$431m in damages could take effect in Italy.
Lactalis-controlled Italian dairy group Parmalat looks set to acquire 11 dairy plants in Brazil from local food processor BRF.
Parmalat is nearing a deal to acquire assets from bankrupt Brazilian dairy Lácteos Brasil (LBR).
Lactalis-owned yoghurt brand Rachel's is moving into the UK desserts category.
The Italian dairy group was in the spotlight last year after minority investors complained about its acquisition of Lactalis American Group, the US-based arm of majority shareholder Lactalis. This week, an appeals court in Italy brought an end to the protracted legal dispute.
Days after Parmalat announced it had acquired Australian dairy and fruit juice firm Harvey Fresh comes news of a deal of another sort for the Lactalis-owned Italian dairy giant.
- Why data is key to shopper satisfaction
- On the money: Spreads, ice cream top Unilever woes
- Interview: Premier sets sights overseas
- Short-termism decides Chiquita's future
- Sustainability Watch: Roberto Ciati, Barilla
- Glanbia chairman to step down
- General Mills to launch "Ancient Grains" Cheerios
- Hershey lowers FY sales, earnings forecasts
- Mondelez evaluating Oreo production in Morocco
- Hovis CEO Spooner leaves bread maker
- Supermarkets in China
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Pubs & Bars in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Consumer Trends Analysis: Understanding Consumer Trends and Drivers of Behavior in the Chinese Confectionery Food Market
- Kerry Group plc - SWOT, Strategy and Corporate Finance Report