The recent sale of Italian unit Trentinalatte confirms growth through acquisition is not something Emmi is always successful at. Would, Stef...
The proposed sale of BRF's Brazilian dairies unit to Lactalis-owned Parmalat looks set to be a win-win for both companies. BRF is focusing o...
Strategically, Dairy Crest's deals with fellow UK dairy group Fayrefield Foods and New Zealand dairy giant Fonterra to serve the global infa...
Parmalat, majority-owned by French dairy giant Lactalis, has made a significant move to bolster its business in Australia 15 years after it...
Dutch dairy giant FrieslandCampina has just reorganised its export operations. Cees Ruijgrok is overseeing a more integrated export effort to build on the overseas businesses Friesland Foods and Campina had before their 2008 merger. Dean Best spoke to Ruijgrok about the company's export ambitions.
Swiss dairy giant Emmi is embarking on two key strategies to develop its business. One is significant international expansion. The second is a global marketing programme that emphasises the "Swissness" of its products. Dean Best met Emmi's head of marketing Robin Barraclough at the SIAL food-industry expo to discuss this twin strategy.
Kellogg this week made a move for Bisco Misr after private-equity firm Abraaj tabled an offer for the Egypt-based snacks group.
French dairy group Lactalis has submitted a bid to buy Egypt's Arab Dairy Products.
Parmalat, the Italian dairy group controlled by Lactalis, has raised its forecasts for annual underlying sales and EBITDA.
Danone this week said Franck Riboud will step down as CEO after 18 years leading the French food giant. Across the Channel, the UK government announced plans for a food crime unit to tackle fraud. In emerging markets, Lactalis struck a deal to buy dairy assets from Brazil's BRF, while Egyptian snack group Bisco Misr said Kellogg had expressed an interest in buying the business.
The legal wrangle between Parmalat and Citibank continues to make its way through the Italian courts following a decision that an earlier US judgement requiring the dairy group to pay US$431m in damages could take effect in Italy.
The Italian dairy group was in the spotlight last year after minority investors complained about its acquisition of Lactalis American Group, the US-based arm of majority shareholder Lactalis. This week, an appeals court in Italy brought an end to the protracted legal dispute.
Days after Parmalat announced it had acquired Australian dairy and fruit juice firm Harvey Fresh comes news of a deal of another sort for the Lactalis-owned Italian dairy giant.
- BRICs: The thinking behind Mondelez's Vietnam deal
- Interview part 1: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- Prospects for protein: Snacks growth to continue
- Comment: Why Gardein is Pinnacle's ideal fodder
- Deal or no deal: Should Danone buy Mead Johnson?
- 2 Sisters Food Group posts higher annual losses
- Kellogg trumps Abraaj bid for Bisco Misr
- Bird flu leads Dutch to stop poultry distribution
- Live blog: Food Matters Live
- Arla eyes infant formula firms with lactose plant
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Energy Bars Market in Canada: Market Profile to 2017
- The Snackification of Breakfast
- Dairy Product Production in China
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report