Marfrig CEO Sergio Rial was upbeat about the progress he saw at the Brazil-based meat processor yesterday (11 March), insisting the company...
Unilever could soon be selling another food brand. The company, which has offloaded a number of food assets in recent years, is understood t...
Food campaigners took a swipe at Europe's food industry and politicians after the European Parliament voted against imposing traffic light l...
The creation of Brasil Foods, one of the world's largest meat groups, from Brazil's Perdigao and Sadia, was a rare mega-merger in 2009, when the global crash hit M&A. However, the deal is yet to win complete regulatory approval and, although parts of Perdigao and Sadia are operating together, Brasil Foods is yet to reap the rewards of the merger. In this month's just-food interview, Michelle Russell speaks to Brasil Foods CFO Leopoldo Saboya about the prospects for the business.
Brazilian food group Marfrig saw its profitability improve year-on-year in the second quarter.
This week, Unilever announced the sale of Slim-Fast to Kainos Capital. Abbott and Fonterra announced a partnership to create a dairy farm hub in China and Marfrig revealed plans to investment of GBP170m into Moy Park. We also looked at why firms are queueing up to invest in Egypt and looked at the global growth of the halal food sector. Here is the week in quotes.
Brazil-based meat giant Marfrig is to pump GBP170m into its Moy Park business in Northern Ireland, including adding new processing lines and setting up an innovation centre.
JBS, the Brazil-based meat giant, has started the process of listing domestic arm JBS Foods.
Brazilian meat giant JBS has reported lower first-quarter profits as a jump in financing costs more than offset sales gains.
- Why data is key to shopper satisfaction
- On the money: Spreads, ice cream top Unilever woes
- Interview: Premier sets sights overseas
- Short-termism decides Chiquita's future
- Sustainability Watch: Roberto Ciati, Barilla
- Glanbia chairman to step down
- General Mills to launch "Ancient Grains" Cheerios
- Hershey lowers FY sales, earnings forecasts
- Mondelez evaluating Oreo production in Morocco
- Kellogg earnings beat forecast but sales pressured
- Supermarkets in China
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Pubs & Bars in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Consumer Trends Analysis: Understanding Consumer Trends and Drivers of Behavior in the Chinese Confectionery Food Market
- Kerry Group plc - SWOT, Strategy and Corporate Finance Report