Marine Harvest said its third-quarter performance was "strong" in the face of "challenging" conditions.
Salmon producer Marine Harvest has bought the farming assets from bankrupt firm Acuinova Chile for US$120m.
Seafood group Marine Harvest today (27 August) posted what it called a "strong" second quarter, pointing to higher underlying EBIT despite a fall in profits on a reported basis.
Seafood processor Marine Harvest has started talks with staff over the future of its Brookside Products plant but has refused to be drawn on claims it is looking to sell the site to rival Bleikers.
The European Commission has fined Marine Harvest EUR20m (US$26.9m) after concluding that the Norwegian seafood group breached European merger control rules in its takeover of Morpol.
- Why data is key to shopper satisfaction
- Interview: Premier sets sights overseas
- On the money: Spreads, ice cream top Unilever woes
- Sustainability Watch: Roberto Ciati, Barilla
- Short-termism decides Chiquita's future
- Hovis CEO Spooner leaves bread maker
- Glanbia chairman to step down
- General Mills to launch "Ancient Grains" Cheerios
- Kellogg earnings beat forecast but sales pressured
- Hershey lowers FY sales, earnings forecasts
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Supermarkets in China
- Pubs & Bars in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Consumer Trends Analysis: Understanding Consumer Trends and Drivers of Behavior in the Chinese Confectionery Food Market
- Kerry Group plc - SWOT, Strategy and Corporate Finance Report