The European Commission has fined Marine Harvest EUR20m (US$26.9m) after concluding that the Norwegian seafood group breached European merger control rules in its takeover of Morpol.
Norwegian seafood group Marine Harvest said its sales and operating profit hit an "all-time high" in 2013.
Brittany's struggling food firms are set to benefit from a EUR15m (US20.5m) package of emergency state aid to the region's industry, the Ministry of Agriculture has announced.
Norwegian seafood manufacturer Marine Harvest has proposed an extraordinary dividend, having booked its "best second quarter in history".
Fifteen farmed salmon producers, representing 70% of the global industry, have joined forces have pledged to make their businesses more sustainable by tackling issues including biosecurity and sourcing.
- On the money: Unilever shifting into growth spots
- On the money: Danone denies strategy overhaul
- On the money: Hershey confident in NPD pipeline
- Why whole sector should take heed of meat scrutiny
- The just-food interview: Premier Foods CEO Darby
- Kellogg to close US snack plant
- 2 Sisters "passes" FSA poultry plant audits
- Tyson sells Mexico, Brazil ops to JBS
- FrieslandCampina to form "dairy zones" in Vietnam
- FSA ordered to carry out review on 2 Sisters