Marine Harvest said its third-quarter performance was "strong" in the face of "challenging" conditions.
Salmon producer Marine Harvest has bought the farming assets from bankrupt firm Acuinova Chile for US$120m.
Seafood group Marine Harvest today (27 August) posted what it called a "strong" second quarter, pointing to higher underlying EBIT despite a fall in profits on a reported basis.
Seafood processor Marine Harvest has started talks with staff over the future of its Brookside Products plant but has refused to be drawn on claims it is looking to sell the site to rival Bleikers.
The European Commission has fined Marine Harvest EUR20m (US$26.9m) after concluding that the Norwegian seafood group breached European merger control rules in its takeover of Morpol.
- BRICs: The thinking behind Mondelez's Vietnam deal
- Interview part 1: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- Prospects for protein: Snacks growth to continue
- Comment: Why Gardein is Pinnacle's ideal fodder
- Deal or no deal: Should Danone buy Mead Johnson?
- 2 Sisters Food Group posts higher annual losses
- Kellogg trumps Abraaj bid for Bisco Misr
- Raisio buys UK, Ireland and Belgium Benecol ops
- Lactalis submits takeover bid for Arab Dairy
- Live blog: Food Matters Live
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Energy Bars Market in Canada: Market Profile to 2017
- The Snackification of Breakfast
- Dairy Product Production in China
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report