Seafood group Marine Harvest today (27 August) posted what it called a "strong" second quarter, pointing to higher underlying EBIT despite a fall in profits on a reported basis.
Seafood processor Marine Harvest has started talks with staff over the future of its Brookside Products plant but has refused to be drawn on claims it is looking to sell the site to rival Bleikers.
The European Commission has fined Marine Harvest EUR20m (US$26.9m) after concluding that the Norwegian seafood group breached European merger control rules in its takeover of Morpol.
Norwegian seafood group Marine Harvest said its sales and operating profit hit an "all-time high" in 2013.
Brittany's struggling food firms are set to benefit from a EUR15m (US20.5m) package of emergency state aid to the region's industry, the Ministry of Agriculture has announced.
- On the money: Hormel still looking for M&A
- FMCG sales slowing despite economic green shoots
- Consuming issues: The hunger-obesity paradox
- On the money: Hain expects continued organic gains
- Analysis: Market bets on higher Chiquita offer
- Switz rejects EU plea to bypass Russia export ban
- Parmalat nears Lacteos Brasil acquisition
- Russian government eases ban on food imports
- Fonterra, Beingmate launch infant formula JV
- UK group Symington's eyes Australia growth