The European Commission has fined Marine Harvest EUR20m (US$26.9m) after concluding that the Norwegian seafood group breached European merger control rules in its takeover of Morpol.
Norwegian seafood group Marine Harvest said its sales and operating profit hit an "all-time high" in 2013.
Brittany's struggling food firms are set to benefit from a EUR15m (US20.5m) package of emergency state aid to the region's industry, the Ministry of Agriculture has announced.
Norwegian seafood manufacturer Marine Harvest has proposed an extraordinary dividend, having booked its "best second quarter in history".
Fifteen farmed salmon producers, representing 70% of the global industry, have joined forces have pledged to make their businesses more sustainable by tackling issues including biosecurity and sourcing.
- On the move: What's in store from Tesco's new CEO?
- On the money: Can Premier build H2 sales momentum?
- Focus: Lindt plays safe with Russell Stover buy
- Interview: Bell hits out at German cartel ruling
- On the money: Steady as she goes at Cloetta
- UPDATE: Premier establishes international unit
- Campbell issues warning on 2014/15 fiscal year
- S&A Foods announces restructure, 55 jobs to go
- Universal Robina to buy biscuit firm Griffin's
- Premier launches Oxo pots range in UK