Marine Harvest said its third-quarter performance was "strong" in the face of "challenging" conditions.
Salmon producer Marine Harvest has bought the farming assets from bankrupt firm Acuinova Chile for US$120m.
Seafood group Marine Harvest today (27 August) posted what it called a "strong" second quarter, pointing to higher underlying EBIT despite a fall in profits on a reported basis.
Seafood processor Marine Harvest has started talks with staff over the future of its Brookside Products plant but has refused to be drawn on claims it is looking to sell the site to rival Bleikers.
The European Commission has fined Marine Harvest EUR20m (US$26.9m) after concluding that the Norwegian seafood group breached European merger control rules in its takeover of Morpol.
- SIAL 2014: Greek yoghurt firm Fage targets Europe
- On the money: Spreads, ice cream top Unilever woes
- Why Nestle is relaxed about the China "drag"
- Focus: Will Danone return to growth in dairy?
- SIAL: French firm Michel et Augustin to enter US
- SIAL 2014: Premier in talks over US manufacturing
- Kellogg, Nestle slammed for "chaotic" salt policy
- Premier cautious on profits after Q3 sales slide
- Mars puts R&D at centre of US plant expansion
- Italy warns of EUR200m hit from Russia ban