Eight of the world's major seafood companies have signed up to a ten-point ocean stewardship plan to try to boost traceability and crack down on illegal, unreported and unregulated fishing in their supply chains.
Maruha Nichiro, the Japan-based seafood group, has raised its forecast for annual profits - despite cutting its estimate for full-year sales - after a second quarter of rising earnings.
Maruha Nichiro, the Japan-based frozen food and seafood business, has posted an increase in first-quarter profits despite a dip in sales.
Maruha Nichiro Corp., the Japanese food group, has reported a 43% drop in annual earnings due to impairment losses - but booked higher operating profit and sales.
Maruha Nichiro, the Japan-based food group, has bought a stake in New Zealand seafood processor Sanford.
Japanese food group Maruha Nichiro has reported higher nine-month net income and sales but saw operating profit drop on the cost of raw materials.
Japanese food group Maruha Nichiro Corp. has reported lower annual profits amid a drop in earnings from its processed food business.
A worker at Maruha Nichiro Holdings, the Japanese company at the centre of a recent food recall, has been arrested and the recall expanded in the wake of news the malathion contamination scare is believed to be the result of deliberate tampering.
Japanese food group Maruha Nichiro Holdings has launched an investigation into how a number of its products became contaminated with a pesticide, sparking a recall of 88 products in the country.
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs