French retail giant Carrefour has announced plans to expand further into Africa through a joint venture with consumer goods distributor CFAO...
Wal-Mart, the world's largest retailer, plans to spend an eye-watering $12-13bn on expansion in its next financial year. However, the amount...
South African competition regulators yesterday (31 May) approved Wal-Mart's acquisition of a majority stake in local retailer Massmart. Katy...
Wal-Mart, the world's largest retailer, has received two pieces of good news in its bid to continue its expansion into the world's emerging...
Tesco's full-year results proved disappointing, as expected, and CEO Bill Stritz has said online retailing has played a huge part. Elsewhere first quarter results were out and Co-op saw heavy losses. It has now decided to get rid of some of the Somerfield stores and focus on its convenience offering. There were developments on the Michael Foods acquisition with Post Holdings announcing it had taken over the firm in a US$2.45bn deal. Other acquisitions this week included Daelman's purchase of UK firm Fabulous Bakin' Boys and PE firm Abraaj's acquisition of North African confectioner Kool Foods.
South-African retailer Massmart has announced the resignation of its CEO Grant Pattison.
South African retailer Massmart is set to open seven "low-income" stores in Nigeria during 2014, a spokesperson for the company told just-food today (17 March).
Asda has named former Tesco executive Alex Russo as it new CFO.
An increased contribution from less-profitable food sales and higher expenses hit Massmart's first-half earnings, although the South African retailer grew sales during the six-month period.
Nestle is reportedly planning on upping its presence in Nigeria. In the past six years, the world's largest food manufacturer has injected US$400m into its Nigerian business and has plans to spend $70m this year.
Food Retail in South Africa
Introduction Food Retail in South Africa industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). Th......
Retailing in Nigeria
The retailing sector in Nigeria continues to expand, with value sales increasing strongly in 2013 and faster than real GDP. Growth is being fuelled by the increase in the size of the Nigerian populati...
Grocery Retailers in South Africa
Grocery retailers remained the most dynamic channel in South Africa in 2013: while other channels such as such as mixed retailers and health and beauty specialist retailers, saw stronger current value...
- Premier Foods to push on with range revamp
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- UK Responsibility Deal must solve credibility gap
- Why FMCG background key for next Thorntons CEO
- Sweets & Snacks Expo: just-food's pick
- Mars launches "healthy" snacks Goodnessknows
- Unilever CFO Jean-Marc Huet stands down
- JBS "seeking M&A" in Americas, Australia
- General Mills launches Greek yoghurt in Australia
- Dairy Crest earnings fall
- Mars Inc in Packaged Food (World)
- Pizza Delivery & Takeaway in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Chocolate Flavors Market by Application & Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2019
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Chocolate and Confectionery Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details