Sainsbury's chief executive Justin King today (13 June) stood by the UK retailer's recent performance after the company missed City forecast...
The FDA's recently announced 2012-2016 strategic plan includes specific reference to both front-of-pack nutritional labelling and reform of...
| 4 Dec 2014
ConAgra Foods and its European joint venture partner Meijer are pumping US$150m into their potato producing plant in the Netherlands.
| 1 Oct 2014
Fairtrade chocolate company Divine Chocolate has announced listings at a number of US mainstream retailers.
| 6 Jun 2014
Ohio-based retail giant Meijer has announced its foray into dairy manufacture with the construction of its first dairy production facility.
| 4 Jun 2014
Frozen foods manufacturer Bellisio Foods is partnering US diner Chili's to launch a new line of licensed Chilli's inspired frozen meals.
| 25 Mar 2014
Giant Eagle has announced its exit from the Toledo market with the closure of two stores and accompanying gas stations in the area.
| 13 Mar 2014
US retailer Meijer is planning to open ten to twelve stores annually in the "coming years".
| 25 Mar 2013
Spanish own-label supplier Grupo Siro has reported flat annual profits despite an increase in turnover.
| 14 Feb 2013
US retailer Meijer is to invest US$160m in new and existing stores this year, creating 1,500 jobs.
| 16 Jan 2013
US retailer Meijer has appointed J.K. Symancyk as president of the company, one year after he assumed the role of chief operating officer.
| 10 Jan 2013
US retailer Supervalu plans to lay off 117 workers at a Wesconsin distribution centre, the company confirmed yesterday (9 January).
| 14 Dec 2012
UK retailer Morrisons has appointed Ahold executive Casper Meijer as its group trading director.
| 13 Jun 2012
The UK's third-largest retailer said today (13 June) it was continuing to perform better than the rest of the market after another increase in underlying quarterly sales. However, shares in Sainsbury's fell after the company's sales missed City forecasts and there are some concerns increased competition from the likes of Tesco could erode the gains the retailer has made in recent months.
| 4 May 2012
Senior Supervalu Inc executive Pete Van Helden is to leave the US retailer after over 30 years with the business.
| 3 May 2012
Dutch retail giant Ahold has announced changes to the structure of its Albert Heijn executive team in a bid to speed up the expansion of the European chain.
| 29 Mar 2012
US retailer Meijer has moved into dairy production through the acquisition of family-owned Bareman's Dairy.
| 7 Feb 2012
Wal-Mart Stores plans to put a logo on some of its private-label foods that it claims will help US consumers identify healthier food.
| 25 Oct 2011
Food items on sale in the US should carry a uniform set of nutrition labels to enable consumers to buy healthier products, a study has argued.
| 27 Jul 2011
US regional retailer Meijer has opened a new store concept in Chicago called Meijer Marketplace.
| 31 Jan 2011
US regional retailer Meijer has launched an online grocery service called MeijerDoorstepGrocer.com.
| 7 Apr 2014
The rise of the discounters is weighing heavy on Morrisons' mind as the supermarket responds by creating its own-label unit.
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Greek crisis - The impact on shopper behaviour
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- B&G Foods "front-runner for Green Giant"
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Mitsubishi buys stake in Olam International
- Brownes Dairy "attracts eight suitors"
- Mengniu sales dip but work on costs boosts profits
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019
- Probiotic Ingredients Market by Function, Application, End Use, Ingredient, and by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis