Sainsbury's chief executive Justin King today (13 June) stood by the UK retailer's recent performance after the company missed City forecast...
The FDA's recently announced 2012-2016 strategic plan includes specific reference to both front-of-pack nutritional labelling and reform of...
US retailer Meijer is hoping to appeal to millennial consumers and tap into demand for "healthier" meal and snack options – such as organic and "real food" products – through the launch of a store-brand range.
ConAgra Foods and its European joint venture partner Meijer are pumping US$150m into their potato producing plant in the Netherlands.
Fairtrade chocolate company Divine Chocolate has announced listings at a number of US mainstream retailers.
Ohio-based retail giant Meijer has announced its foray into dairy manufacture with the construction of its first dairy production facility.
Frozen foods manufacturer Bellisio Foods is partnering US diner Chili's to launch a new line of licensed Chilli's inspired frozen meals.
Giant Eagle has announced its exit from the Toledo market with the closure of two stores and accompanying gas stations in the area.
US retailer Meijer is planning to open ten to twelve stores annually in the "coming years".
Spanish own-label supplier Grupo Siro has reported flat annual profits despite an increase in turnover.
US retailer Meijer is to invest US$160m in new and existing stores this year, creating 1,500 jobs.
US retailer Meijer has appointed J.K. Symancyk as president of the company, one year after he assumed the role of chief operating officer.
US retailer Supervalu plans to lay off 117 workers at a Wesconsin distribution centre, the company confirmed yesterday (9 January).
UK retailer Morrisons has appointed Ahold executive Casper Meijer as its group trading director.
The UK's third-largest retailer said today (13 June) it was continuing to perform better than the rest of the market after another increase in underlying quarterly sales. However, shares in Sainsbury's fell after the company's sales missed City forecasts and there are some concerns increased competition from the likes of Tesco could erode the gains the retailer has made in recent months.
Senior Supervalu Inc executive Pete Van Helden is to leave the US retailer after over 30 years with the business.
Dutch retail giant Ahold has announced changes to the structure of its Albert Heijn executive team in a bid to speed up the expansion of the European chain.
US retailer Meijer has moved into dairy production through the acquisition of family-owned Bareman's Dairy.
Wal-Mart Stores plans to put a logo on some of its private-label foods that it claims will help US consumers identify healthier food.
Food items on sale in the US should carry a uniform set of nutrition labels to enable consumers to buy healthier products, a study has argued.
US regional retailer Meijer has opened a new store concept in Chicago called Meijer Marketplace.
US regional retailer Meijer has launched an online grocery service called MeijerDoorstepGrocer.com.
The rise of the discounters is weighing heavy on Morrisons' mind as the supermarket responds by creating its own-label unit.
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Chobani COO Burns to leave yogurt firm
- Nestle invests in Italian pizza production
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020
- Frozen Food Production in the US - Industry Market Research Report