Grocers undoubtedly felt the economic pressures in 2012 with discounters enjoying buoyant growth as a result of an increase in value-seeking...
The French retailer has become the latest multinational to enter India. We look at its new partnership with local player Max Hypermarket....
Metro Group has said it will reveal further details of plans for the future of its Real hypermarket chain in November....
UK wholesaler Booker Group unveiled a resilient first-quarter sales performance. While lower tobacco sales weighed on the firm's revenues, n...
The rise of the discounters has been one of the year's key trends in grocery retailing. Shoppers, beset by concerns over the economy, have looked to the likes of Aldi and Lidl for greater value. In this month's just the answer interview, Daniel Lucht, senior analyst at retail watchers Verdict Research, tells Dean Best why the discounters should push on in 2009, despite growing competition on price from the likes of Tesco and Carrefour.
Vietnam, one of Asia’s fastest growing markets, has been dubbed ‘little India’ and ranked the world’s third most attractive market for international retailers this year. But this makes business in the WTO’s newest member sound all too easy, Uwe Hoelzer, managing director of Metro Cash & Carry Vietnam, tells Dominique Patton in an exclusive interview.
The Consumer Analyst Group of Europe conference dominated news this week with updates from Kraft Foods Group, Glanbia and Nestle. Elsewhere GM was back in the spotlight with the UK Prime Minister's scientific advisers arguing the technology is safe. Also this week the political tensions in Russia and Ukraine saw Metro Group delay an IPO of its Russian cash-and-carry unit and Lidl announced the departure of chairman Karl-Heinz Holland.
Ukranian confectionery firm Roshen's chocolate factory in Lypetsk, Russia has been seized by police.
Russian retailer X5 Retail Group has reportedly sold its Ukraine stores to local rival Varus in a US$5-10m deal that sees the retail giant exit the country.
Metro Group has put plans for an IPO of its Russian Metro cash-and-carry unit on hold following the political crisis in the region.
German retailer Metro Group saw its share price slip in early trade today (11 February) after reporting a decline in first-quarter sales and operating earnings that missed market expectations.
- BRICs and beyond: Fonterra, Beingmate partnership
- Comment: Competition to rise on whey investments
- On the money: Mengniu hones in on "star" brands
- just-food interview: Agropur CEO Robert Coallier
- Consuming issues: The hunger-obesity paradox
- Valio lactose-free trucks stopped at Russia border
- Heinz halves sugar in ketchup launch
- Bisco Misr says Kellogg eyeing majority stake
- Olam sells Cote d'Ivoire dairy to FrieslandCampina
- Valio targets China with EUR70m whey inve
- China - ISA Country Report
- Other Dairy in Russia
- New Strategies for offering Convenience in Food - targeting new occasions, best practice and new solutions
- David Chapman's Ice Cream Ltd in Packaged Food (Canada)
- Global Food and Grocery Retailing, 2013-2018: Market Dynamics, Retail Trends and Competitive Landscape