With growth slowing in the UK, retail sales volumes down and promotions on the increase, even the better performing food manufacturers can betray a note of pessimism, writes Dean Best.
The Swiss co-operative, Migros Group, comprises possibly the most diverse portfolio of companies imaginable. For the past five years, establishing a consistent approach to sustainability across this varied group of businesses has been the task of Cornelia Diethelm, head of issue management and sustainability. Here she discusses her role and the Migros sustainability strategy with Ben Cooper.
Bischofszell, a Swiss food maker owned by Migros Group's food production business M-Industry, is expanding its presence in the fresh Asian food category through the acquisition of Sushi Mania.
Swiss retailer Migros Group said it achieved "solid" results in 2012 with increases in profit and sales.
Swiss cooperative retailer Migros Group will expand its confectionery offering, with the addition of a number of Mars brands.
Cooperative retailer Migros Group has booked an increase in full-year sales as it "extended" its "price leadership" in the Swiss market.
Swiss retailer Migros Group has acquired the stores of German retailer and manufacturer Tegut.
Swiss retailer Migros Group has started selling its private-label products on Amazon's German website to expand its reach north of the border.
Switzerland's largest retailer Migros Group has booked a 22% drop in profit for 2011, as the strong Swiss franc and "consumer tourism" hit the group's results.
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk