Food companies in developed markets are increasingly looking to cash in on the potential offered by high-growth emerging markets. But as dat...
Japanese condiments maker Mizkan Group has set out a clear growth agenda to grow overseas sales and globalise its operations in order to off...
There were, despite continued economic uncertainty in many Western markets and concerns over slowing growth in the East, signs that M&A acti...
The work the chief executives of Carrefour and Premier Foods - two companies with a lot on their plates - has been welcomed by industry watc...
Earlier this month, Japanese food group Mizkan acquired Premier Foods plc's vinegar and sour pickles business in the UK, including the Sarson's and Haywards brands. In the latest just the answer interview, Mizkan EuroAmericas president Craig Smith tells Michelle Russell what the company's plans are for the brands and about its long-term ambitions in Europe and beyond.
Mizkan is planning to cut 87 jobs in the UK, with the Japanese food group pointing to "challenging" trading conditions in the country.
Kellogg this week made a move for Bisco Misr after private-equity firm Abraaj tabled an offer for the Egypt-based snacks group.
Japanese food producer Mizkan has introduced a line of chutneys under the Branston brand in the UK.
Japan's Mizkan Group got out the chequebook again this week, with the acquisition of Unilever's North American pasta sauces business. The deal followed its 2012 purchases of brands including Branston and Haywards from Premier Foods in the UK. Elsewhere, we ran interviews with the CEOs of UK pork processor and dairy group Adams Foods.
This week saw further evidence of the growing international focus evident from Japanese food powerhouses who are being forced to look overseas for growth to offset weak consumption trends at home when Japan's Mizkan purchased Ragu and Bertolli from Unilever.
Global Syrups & Spreads Market: Merger and Acquisitions May
Synopsis The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global syrups & spreads market during May 2014....
Bouillons & Stocks Market in United Kingdom to 2016
The report presents detailed data on consumption trends in the Bouillons & Stocks category in United Kingdom, analyzing consumption volumes and values at segment level. It also provides indispensable...
Chutneys & Relishes Market in United Kingdom to 2016
The report presents detailed data on consumption trends in the Chutneys & Relishes category in United Kingdom, analyzing consumption volumes and values at segment level. It also provides indispensable...
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Unilever must "speed" response to consumer trends
- just-food's pick: Natural Products Expo top 10
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- Hershey linked to takeover of jerky maker Krave
- Greencore expands UK, US sales
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits