Food companies in developed markets are increasingly looking to cash in on the potential offered by high-growth emerging markets. But as dat...
Japanese condiments maker Mizkan Group has set out a clear growth agenda to grow overseas sales and globalise its operations in order to off...
There were, despite continued economic uncertainty in many Western markets and concerns over slowing growth in the East, signs that M&A acti...
The work the chief executives of Carrefour and Premier Foods - two companies with a lot on their plates - has been welcomed by industry watc...
Earlier this month, Japanese food group Mizkan acquired Premier Foods plc's vinegar and sour pickles business in the UK, including the Sarson's and Haywards brands. In the latest just the answer interview, Mizkan EuroAmericas president Craig Smith tells Michelle Russell what the company's plans are for the brands and about its long-term ambitions in Europe and beyond.
Japan's Mizkan Group got out the chequebook again this week, with the acquisition of Unilever's North American pasta sauces business. The deal followed its 2012 purchases of brands including Branston and Haywards from Premier Foods in the UK. Elsewhere, we ran interviews with the CEOs of UK pork processor and dairy group Adams Foods.
This week saw further evidence of the growing international focus evident from Japanese food powerhouses who are being forced to look overseas for growth to offset weak consumption trends at home when Japan's Mizkan purchased Ragu and Bertolli from Unilever.
Japanese condiments maker Mizkan Group has agreed to acquire Unilever's Ragu and Bertolli sauce brands in North America.
Dairy Crest, Alpro, Mizkan Group, Asda and Sainsbury's were among the manufacturers and grocers that attended a conference in London to discuss the challenge of developing a food product that sticks in the UK grocery market.
Mizkan Group, the Japan-based food company, booked a jump in 2013 sales and earnings this week, as growth overseas propelled top line gains.
- Why data is key to shopper satisfaction
- Interview: Premier sets sights overseas
- On the money: Spreads, ice cream top Unilever woes
- Sustainability Watch: Roberto Ciati, Barilla
- Short-termism decides Chiquita's future
- Hovis CEO Spooner leaves bread maker
- Glanbia chairman to step down
- General Mills to launch "Ancient Grains" Cheerios
- Kellogg earnings beat forecast but sales pressured
- Hershey lowers FY sales, earnings forecasts
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Supermarkets in China
- Pubs & Bars in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Consumer Trends Analysis: Understanding Consumer Trends and Drivers of Behavior in the Chinese Confectionery Food Market
- Kerry Group plc - SWOT, Strategy and Corporate Finance Report