Food companies in developed markets are increasingly looking to cash in on the potential offered by high-growth emerging markets. But as dat...
Japanese condiments maker Mizkan Group has set out a clear growth agenda to grow overseas sales and globalise its operations in order to off...
There were, despite continued economic uncertainty in many Western markets and concerns over slowing growth in the East, signs that M&A acti...
The work the chief executives of Carrefour and Premier Foods - two companies with a lot on their plates - has been welcomed by industry watc...
Earlier this month, Japanese food group Mizkan acquired Premier Foods plc's vinegar and sour pickles business in the UK, including the Sarson's and Haywards brands. In the latest just the answer interview, Mizkan EuroAmericas president Craig Smith tells Michelle Russell what the company's plans are for the brands and about its long-term ambitions in Europe and beyond.
Mizkan is planning to cut 87 jobs in the UK, with the Japanese food group pointing to "challenging" trading conditions in the country.
Kellogg this week made a move for Bisco Misr after private-equity firm Abraaj tabled an offer for the Egypt-based snacks group.
Japanese food producer Mizkan has introduced a line of chutneys under the Branston brand in the UK.
Japan's Mizkan Group got out the chequebook again this week, with the acquisition of Unilever's North American pasta sauces business. The deal followed its 2012 purchases of brands including Branston and Haywards from Premier Foods in the UK. Elsewhere, we ran interviews with the CEOs of UK pork processor and dairy group Adams Foods.
This week saw further evidence of the growing international focus evident from Japanese food powerhouses who are being forced to look overseas for growth to offset weak consumption trends at home when Japan's Mizkan purchased Ragu and Bertolli from Unilever.
- Deal or no deal: Frozen sale makes sense for Kerry
- On the money: How Greencore is outperforming
- Comment: Mondelez digital strategy suffers blow
- Shopper trends: Promos can mean higher prices
- JBS sees big opportunity from Primo Smallgoods
- Kerry puts frozen food unit on block - reports
- Coca-Cola eyes long-term rewards with dairy push
- Post issues warning over US cereal sector sales
- UPDATE: Greencore eyes US$1bn US business
- Abraaj outbids Kellogg with fresh Bisco Misr offer