Vietnam is an up-and-coming emerging market that is gaining increasing attention as international companies seek out fresh avenues of growth. Nestle first established an office in the country in 1912. In the 1990s the company took its presence in Vietnam to the next level with the establishment of a local subsidiary. Today, the firm is focused on accelerating growth in the market. Katy Askew spoke to Rashid Aleem Qureshi, MD of Nestle Vietnam, to find out more about the group's plans in the country.
Campbell Soup Co. became the third major multinational to invest in the buoyant organic baby food sector in a month with a deal to buy US firm Plum Organics. Danone is another of the three food giants to do business in organic baby food - and this week it continued its investment in faster-growing categories and markets with a fresh attempt to crack China's booming yoghurt sector.
Plum Organics this week joined Happy Family and Ella's Kitchen as three organic baby food brands set to have new, multinational owners. Campbell Soup Co. is to buy Plum, joining Danone and Hain Celestial as three food majors that have looked to invest in the growing category in just a month.
Nestle has announced plans to source 100%-certified cocoa beans for its Nestle Crunch brand in the US.
Nestle has claimed it is the first major confectioner in the UK to remove all artificial additives from its products.
Nestle has partnered its chocolate bar brand Crunch with KaBoom!, a US non-profit children’s organisation, to launch a campaign designed to “inspire children” through active play.
Global Confectionery Market: News and Events May 2014
Synopsis The report provides a review of the latest news and key events in the global confectionery market during May 2014. Summary Using this report, marketers will effectively gain an insight into...
- Comment: Nestle reacts to world of 3G and Buffett
- Why it is too early to call Unilever food revival
- France takes big step to uniform FOP labels
- What the analysts say: The verdict on Danone's Q1
- How will Flowers Foods grow in speciality bread?
- Unilever food, refreshment sales rise
- Organic food sales in US up 11% in 2014
- Fonterra says rain needed to maintain milk supply
- UPDATE: Danone CEO upbeat on 2015 growth
- Nestle in "exclusive" Davigel talks with Brakes