Vietnam is an up-and-coming emerging market that is gaining increasing attention as international companies seek out fresh avenues of growth. Nestle first established an office in the country in 1912. In the 1990s the company took its presence in Vietnam to the next level with the establishment of a local subsidiary. Today, the firm is focused on accelerating growth in the market. Katy Askew spoke to Rashid Aleem Qureshi, MD of Nestle Vietnam, to find out more about the group's plans in the country.
Campbell Soup Co. became the third major multinational to invest in the buoyant organic baby food sector in a month with a deal to buy US firm Plum Organics. Danone is another of the three food giants to do business in organic baby food - and this week it continued its investment in faster-growing categories and markets with a fresh attempt to crack China's booming yoghurt sector.
Plum Organics this week joined Happy Family and Ella's Kitchen as three organic baby food brands set to have new, multinational owners. Campbell Soup Co. is to buy Plum, joining Danone and Hain Celestial as three food majors that have looked to invest in the growing category in just a month.
Nestle has announced plans to source 100%-certified cocoa beans for its Nestle Crunch brand in the US.
Nestle has claimed it is the first major confectioner in the UK to remove all artificial additives from its products.
Nestle has partnered its chocolate bar brand Crunch with KaBoom!, a US non-profit children’s organisation, to launch a campaign designed to “inspire children” through active play.
Biscuits in Indonesia
In 2013 the biscuits category witnessed a flurry of new product launches. Some included launches of healthy biscuits, including Roma Sari Gandum with chocolate milk (sandwich biscuits), Oatbits (cooki...
Global Confectionery Market: News and Events May 2014
Synopsis The report provides a review of the latest news and key events in the global confectionery market during May 2014. Summary Using this report, marketers will effectively gain an insight into...
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Unilever must "speed" response to consumer trends
- Why US diet guidelines should consider environment
- Global factors hold sway over UK milk prices
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Food industry news of week: Unilever, PepsiCo
- Chobani launches Tots infant range
- Premier Foods hails "improving" sales trends
- PepsiCo rolls out "sweet" Cheetos
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report