There may be caution over the prospect for blockbuster deals in a dilapidated economic environment, but the food sector mergers and acquisit...
Orkla, the Norwegian conglomerate with interests in aluminium and finance as well as pizza and chocolate, wants to focus on consumer goods....
| 31 Jan 2013
There may be caution over the prospect for blockbuster deals in a dilapidated economic environment, but the food sector mergers and acquisitions table still has plenty to whet the appetite.
| 12 Feb 2013
Sweden-based retailer ICA now has one owner after Ahold, the Dutch retail giant and its largest shareholder, sold out to venture partner Hakon Invest, the Swedish investment fund. Michelle Russell spoke with Hakon CFO Göran Blomberg about Hakon's strategy for the business and the benefits he hopes the deal will bring.
| 28 Mar 2014
Norwegian retailer Norgesgruppen hailed a "solid" performance in a "tough" market today (28 March) as it reported higher sales and operating profit for 2013.
| 21 Feb 2014
Norway's competition regulator has fined retailer Norgesgruppen EUR25m (US$34.2m) over its acquisition of ICA Maxi premises.
| 29 Apr 2013
Swedish retailer ICA said it started the year on a "positive note", despite booking a drop in first-quarter profit hit by one-off costs.
| 26 Apr 2013
The Norwegian Competition Authority has levied a fine against retailer Norgesgruppen over its acquisition of a number of stores from peer ICA.
| 19 Apr 2013
Norway's Competition Authority has placed a temporary block on a tie-up between retailers ICA and Norgesgruppen while it examines whether the deal could lessen competition in the market.
| 26 Mar 2013
NorgesGruppen, Norway's largest retailer, saw sales and profits increase in 2012 but reported lower margins amid "tough" competition in the country's grocery sector.
| 24 Jan 2013
Norway-based retailer Norgesgruppen has taken a stake in Danish retailer Dagrofa in a bid to improve the efficiency of its operations in Denmark, CEO Per Roskifte told just-food this morning (24 January).
| 14 Jan 2013
Retailer ICA has confirmed that 350 jobs will be lost in Norway as a result of its cooperation agreement with Nordic retailer Norgesgruppen.
| 14 Jan 2013
Retailers ICA and Norgesgruppen have entered a cooperation agreement that will see the two groups join forces in the areas of sourcing and distribution.
| 31 Aug 2012
Norway-based retailer Norgesgruppen has reported rises in both sales and profits for the first half of its fiscal year.
| 25 Jan 2012
A senior executive at Norwegian retail giant Norgesgruppen is to join Swedish rival ICA to lead the company's business in Norway.
| 18 Nov 2011
Norwegian conglomerate Orkla has sold its Bakers unit to local retailer and wholesaler NorgesGruppen.
| 15 Apr 2011
A report produced for the Norwegian government has found a "strong change" in the power that retailers have over their suppliers - and the country's ministers are now seeking legislation to "ensure fairness in negotiations and good trade practices".
| 5 Apr 2011
The chief executive of NorgesGruppen has stepped down from the helm of the Norwegian retailer as the company booked rising sales and profits for fiscal 2010.
| 21 Oct 2010
Norwegian retailers Bunnpris and Rema 1000 have announced a purchasing and distribution partnership.
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Greek crisis - The impact on shopper behaviour
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- B&G Foods "front-runner for Green Giant"
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Just Mayo under fire from US FDA after complaint
- Brownes Dairy "attracts eight suitors"
- Mitsubishi buys stake in Olam International
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019
- Probiotic Ingredients Market by Function, Application, End Use, Ingredient, and by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis