Orkla, the Norwegian conglomerate with interests in aluminium and finance as well as pizza and chocolate, wants to focus on consumer goods....
The Norwegian government has released a report outlining its concerns around the highly consolidated nature of the country's grocery retail...
Sweden-based retailer ICA now has one owner after Ahold, the Dutch retail giant and its largest shareholder, sold out to venture partner Hakon Invest, the Swedish investment fund. Michelle Russell spoke with Hakon CFO Göran Blomberg about Hakon's strategy for the business and the benefits he hopes the deal will bring.
Norwegian retailer Norgesgruppen hailed a "solid" performance in a "tough" market today (28 March) as it reported higher sales and operating profit for 2013.
Norway's competition regulator has fined retailer Norgesgruppen EUR25m (US$34.2m) over its acquisition of ICA Maxi premises.
Swedish retailer ICA said it started the year on a "positive note", despite booking a drop in first-quarter profit hit by one-off costs.
The Norwegian Competition Authority has levied a fine against retailer Norgesgruppen over its acquisition of a number of stores from peer ICA.
Norway's Competition Authority has placed a temporary block on a tie-up between retailers ICA and Norgesgruppen while it examines whether the deal could lessen competition in the market.
NorgesGruppen, Norway's largest retailer, saw sales and profits increase in 2012 but reported lower margins amid "tough" competition in the country's grocery sector.
Norway-based retailer Norgesgruppen has taken a stake in Danish retailer Dagrofa in a bid to improve the efficiency of its operations in Denmark, CEO Per Roskifte told just-food this morning (24 January).
Retailer ICA has confirmed that 350 jobs will be lost in Norway as a result of its cooperation agreement with Nordic retailer Norgesgruppen.
Retailers ICA and Norgesgruppen have entered a cooperation agreement that will see the two groups join forces in the areas of sourcing and distribution.
Norway-based retailer Norgesgruppen has reported rises in both sales and profits for the first half of its fiscal year.
A senior executive at Norwegian retail giant Norgesgruppen is to join Swedish rival ICA to lead the company's business in Norway.
Norwegian conglomerate Orkla has sold its Bakers unit to local retailer and wholesaler NorgesGruppen.
A report produced for the Norwegian government has found a "strong change" in the power that retailers have over their suppliers - and the country's ministers are now seeking legislation to "ensure fairness in negotiations and good trade practices".
The chief executive of NorgesGruppen has stepped down from the helm of the Norwegian retailer as the company booked rising sales and profits for fiscal 2010.
Norwegian retailers Bunnpris and Rema 1000 have announced a purchasing and distribution partnership.
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Metropoulos invests in Utz Quality Foods
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review