Orkla, the Norwegian conglomerate with interests in aluminium and finance as well as pizza and chocolate, wants to focus on consumer goods....
The Norwegian government has released a report outlining its concerns around the highly consolidated nature of the country's grocery retail...
Sweden-based retailer ICA now has one owner after Ahold, the Dutch retail giant and its largest shareholder, sold out to venture partner Hakon Invest, the Swedish investment fund. Michelle Russell spoke with Hakon CFO Göran Blomberg about Hakon's strategy for the business and the benefits he hopes the deal will bring.
Norwegian retailer Norgesgruppen hailed a "solid" performance in a "tough" market today (28 March) as it reported higher sales and operating profit for 2013.
Norway's competition regulator has fined retailer Norgesgruppen EUR25m (US$34.2m) over its acquisition of ICA Maxi premises.
Swedish retailer ICA said it started the year on a "positive note", despite booking a drop in first-quarter profit hit by one-off costs.
The Norwegian Competition Authority has levied a fine against retailer Norgesgruppen over its acquisition of a number of stores from peer ICA.
Norway's Competition Authority has placed a temporary block on a tie-up between retailers ICA and Norgesgruppen while it examines whether the deal could lessen competition in the market.
NorgesGruppen, Norway's largest retailer, saw sales and profits increase in 2012 but reported lower margins amid "tough" competition in the country's grocery sector.
Norway-based retailer Norgesgruppen has taken a stake in Danish retailer Dagrofa in a bid to improve the efficiency of its operations in Denmark, CEO Per Roskifte told just-food this morning (24 January).
Retailer ICA has confirmed that 350 jobs will be lost in Norway as a result of its cooperation agreement with Nordic retailer Norgesgruppen.
Retailers ICA and Norgesgruppen have entered a cooperation agreement that will see the two groups join forces in the areas of sourcing and distribution.
Norway-based retailer Norgesgruppen has reported rises in both sales and profits for the first half of its fiscal year.
A senior executive at Norwegian retail giant Norgesgruppen is to join Swedish rival ICA to lead the company's business in Norway.
Norwegian conglomerate Orkla has sold its Bakers unit to local retailer and wholesaler NorgesGruppen.
A report produced for the Norwegian government has found a "strong change" in the power that retailers have over their suppliers - and the country's ministers are now seeking legislation to "ensure fairness in negotiations and good trade practices".
The chief executive of NorgesGruppen has stepped down from the helm of the Norwegian retailer as the company booked rising sales and profits for fiscal 2010.
Norwegian retailers Bunnpris and Rema 1000 have announced a purchasing and distribution partnership.
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- Ireland unveils national plan to tackle obesity
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Aryzta appoints Gary McGann as chairman
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities