Orkla, the Norwegian conglomerate with interests in aluminium and finance as well as pizza and chocolate, wants to focus on consumer goods....
The Norwegian government has released a report outlining its concerns around the highly consolidated nature of the country's grocery retail...
Sweden-based retailer ICA now has one owner after Ahold, the Dutch retail giant and its largest shareholder, sold out to venture partner Hakon Invest, the Swedish investment fund. Michelle Russell spoke with Hakon CFO Göran Blomberg about Hakon's strategy for the business and the benefits he hopes the deal will bring.
Norwegian retailer Norgesgruppen hailed a "solid" performance in a "tough" market today (28 March) as it reported higher sales and operating profit for 2013.
Norway's competition regulator has fined retailer Norgesgruppen EUR25m (US$34.2m) over its acquisition of ICA Maxi premises.
Swedish retailer ICA said it started the year on a "positive note", despite booking a drop in first-quarter profit hit by one-off costs.
The Norwegian Competition Authority has levied a fine against retailer Norgesgruppen over its acquisition of a number of stores from peer ICA.
Norway's Competition Authority has placed a temporary block on a tie-up between retailers ICA and Norgesgruppen while it examines whether the deal could lessen competition in the market.
- Focus: The impact of Heinz's stevia ketchup
- Focus: Gen Mills turns to M&A to bolster US ops
- Comment: Kingsmill "youth" appeal bodes well
- BRICs: How dairy deal bolsters Lactalis and BRF
- Viewpoint: US health food in play - at a price
- Arla joins race for Egypt's Arab Dairy
- Glanbia to buy US sports nutrition firm Isopure
- Mondelez pauses production at Cadbury Oz site
- Burton's "eyeing" United Biscuits merger
- Danone to close plant in Russia