Food manufacturers have been confronted with the meteoric rise of the e-commerce channel in the UK. A rude awakening awaits those that tackl...
Morrisons reported a full-year loss of GBP176m (US$293.6m) and further deterioration of like-for-like sales today (13 March). Management thi...
Online sales in the UK are on the rise as consumers increasingly shop for their groceries over the internet. Online sales represent a key gr...
Ocado chief executive Tim Steiner has said the UK online retailer is still looking to further develop licencing deals with larger retailers,...
One-year-old Gousto is a fledgling company with a unique proposition. Consumers order online from a variety of menu options and Gousto delivers dinner kits, complete with recipe cards and all the ingredients, direct to the door. The company, which has expanded rapidly through its own website, has just entered a partnership with online retailer Ocado. Katy Askew spoke to Gousto co-owner Timo Schmidt about the company's ambitions.
UK snacks firm New York Delhi has secured a listing with Australia's largest retailer Woolworths Ltd but the company insists it is aiming to grow without "selling out" to the large supermarket chains.
Unilever is extending its presence in the frozen yoghurt sector with the development of mini frozen yoghurt pots under the Snog brand.
UK online specialist Ocado today (12 March) reported a jump in first-quarter sales but the result failed to convince the City and its shares tumbled.
Online UK grocer Ocado has reported higher annual losses despite growing sales ahead of the market and establishing a tie-up with supermarket group Morrisons.
Morrisons has declined to comment over the rumoured resignation of online grocery executive George Dymond just weeks after he joined.
Ocado has refused to comment on reports it has drawn up a short list of potential sites to house a third and fourth giant warehouse which, it is hoped, would boost its grocery delivery capacity by 50%.
Morrisons will come under the investor spotlight tomorrow (13 March) when the UK's fourth-largest grocer reports its annual results. One stockbroker has "rarely been so concerned" going into a set of full-year numbers. And the latest data from Kantar Worldpanel has shown another decline in Morrisons' sales.
As global speakers took to the podiums over the two and a half days of the World Retail Congress in Paris, one subject reoccurred, time and again: e-commerce and the evolution of digital.
- M&A Watch: Raisio should sell to private equity
- Infographic: Snapshot of Japan's food sector
- On the money: Solid Lindt outpaces chocolate peers
- Spotlight: What could be impact of Russia's ban?
- On the money: Hain expects continued organic gains
- Russian government eases ban on food imports
- Pork Farms buys Kerry Group's pastry plants
- Kerry cools claim spreads move could hit jobs
- Profits up at chocolate group Lindt
- Dr Oetker to buy McCain North America pizza arm
- New Strategies for offering Convenience in Food - targeting new occasions, best practice and new solutions
- David Chapman's Ice Cream Ltd in Packaged Food (Canada)
- Global Bakery & Cereals Market: Merger and Acquisitions May 2014
- Colombia - ISA Country Report
- Food Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide