Park Cakes, the UK own-label cake and dessert supplier, has been acquired in a management buy-out from private-equity firm Vision Capital.
The UK supplier of retailer own brand cakes and desserts, Park Cakes, has said it plans to announce new "growth and investment opportunities" after securing a multi-million-pound package of funding from Yorkshire Bank.
2 Sisters Food Group has confirmed its Avana Bakeries plant in Newport will close after consultation with staff failed to find ways of keeping the site open.
At least 650 jobs at 2 Sisters Food Group's Avana bakery site in Newport are at risk after the UK firm lost a contract with Marks and Spencer to competitor Park Cakes.
Workers at Park Cakes have voted in favour of industrial action after the UK cakes and desserts firm changed contracts in the wake of new laws covering agency workers.
Workers at UK cakes and desserts firm Park Cakes could take industrial action next month over changes to employment contracts.
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Suntory to offload Australia, New Zealand foods
- Post: Weetabix "opens up M&A opportunities"
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations