Barry Callebaut plans to focus more on integrating recent acquisitions and supply deals this year than buying businesses or striking more su...
Increased exposure to emerging markets? Tick. Boost portfolio with more in-demand products? Tick. Barry Callebaut tried to outline the benef...
Since selling its consumer units over the last few years, business-to-business chocolate maker Barry Callebaut has been treading a new path focused on its "core" business with industrial and artisanal customers. Michelle Russell caught up with Barry Callebaut marketing director for Western Europe, Sofie De Lathouwer at this year's ISM confectionery show in Cologne to find out more about its strategy for growth.
Singapore-based confectioner Petra Foods has booked a fall in half-year profits thanks to currency fluctuation, although it said underlying earnings were higher.
Chocolate make Barry Callebaut is reportedly planning the closure of its Zaandam office in the Netherlands.
Petra Foods has suffered a net loss for the first quarter of 2014.
Barry Callebaut has booked an increase in first-half sales and earnings, boosted by the contribution of the cocoa business it acquired from Petra Foods last year.
Singapore-based confectioner Petra Foods attributed increases in full-year sales and earnings at its consumer foods business to investment behind its brands.
- M&A Watch: Why Danone/Lifeway deal could be next
- Focus: The impact of Heinz's stevia ketchup
- Focus: Gen Mills turns to M&A to bolster US ops
- Viewpoint: US health food in play - at a price
- Shopper trends: Some confidence but promos popular
- Burton's "eyeing" United Biscuits merger
- Premier Foods revamp creates three divisions
- Unilever to boost presence in Nigeria
- General Mills Q1 profits tumble
- WhiteWave to buy dairy-free firm So Delicious