Pick n Pay
Tesco was in the spotlight this week after the publication of its annual results confirmed what a challenging year the UK's largest retailer endured. Another UK grocer under scrutiny is The Co-operative Group, which reported banking-induced losses, but revealed it is re-sizing its food retail estate to give it more focus. Elsewhere, China's WH Group, of which Smithfield Foods is now a part, announced plans to list in Hong Kong and US group Post Holdings made another M&A move, with a deal to buy egg-to-dairy supplier Michael Foods.
South African retailer Pick n Pay has revealed it is looking at ways to enter Nigeria.
South African retailer Pick n Pay has booked an increase in first-half earnings, boosted by tighter cost control, increased sales and improved gross margin.
South African retailer Pick n Pay today (4 September) confirmed that it will lay off 400 administrative workers as it works to boost efficiency.
A raft of companies report to the market next week, including UK-based food group Associated British Foods, which is set to unveil its half-year results. Data for the first quarter of 2013 will continue to come in, with Unilever, Hershey and Premier Foods plc among those set to publish numbers.
Nestle is reportedly planning on upping its presence in Nigeria. In the past six years, the world's largest food manufacturer has injected US$400m into its Nigerian business and has plans to spend $70m this year.
Pick n Pay Holdings Ltd. - Company Capsule
Synopsis Canadean's "Pick n Pay Holdings Ltd. - Company Capsule" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key facts, major...
Pick 'n' Pay Retailers (Pty) Ltd in Retailing (South Africa)
Pick ’n’ Pay is expected to improve its position thanks to a growing presence within internet retailing in South Africa. As the company’s consumer base is middle- to high-income consumers, Pick ’n’ Pa...
Pick 'n' Pay (Pty) Ltd in Packaged Food (South Africa)
Pick ‘n’ Pay Stores targets towards all of South Africa’s diverse consumer groups, with the focus on sales of packaged food, home care and beauty and personal care. In order to increase spending among...
- Why Arla upbeat about LatAm prospects
- M&A Watch - Could Cloetta be takeover target?
- Comment: Can Applegate retain trust under Hormel?
- Sweets & Snacks Expo: just-food's pick
- Why "added-value" is key in LatAm yoghurt
- Yildiz eyeing further deals - reports
- Weetabix gets new private-equity investor
- PAI, Pamplona "eyeing Bakkavor stake"
- FrieslandCampina ends Bongrain German tie-up
- Food industry news of week: GMOs, Arla, Mondelez
- Successful New Product Development Strategies in the Food, Drinks and Personal Care Market
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- The Future of the Ice Cream Market in the United Kingdom to 2019
- Consumer Foodservice in Indonesia
- Marks & Spencer (Asia Pacific) Ltd in Retailing (Hong Kong, China)