Brazil-based JBS is already the world's largest meat supplier but it has its sights on growing further in value-added products and in Asia -...
Tyson Foods has won through in the bidding war to acquire Hillshire Brands with an improved US$63 per share offer for the for the Jimmy Dean...
The dramatic M&A battle being played out in the US protein space comes as fresh evidence that food companies are willing to pay top-dollar f...
Tyson Foods entered fray today (29 May) when it issued a fresh bid for Hillshire Brands, trumping an earlier offer from Pilgrim's Pride. Lik...
The takeover battles for Chiquita Brands International and for Hillshire Brands were among the stories that grabbed your interest in 2014.
US chicken group Pilgrim's Pride has booked an increase in earnings for the first nine months of the year, boosted by higher sales and margins.
US food group Hillshire Brands, set to be taken over by meat giant Tyson Foods, has reported a year of increasing sales and profits.
US poultry processor Pilgrim's Pride has reported higher half-year profits as a lower cost of sales helped offset a dip in sales.
Tyson Foods has struck a deal to sell its operations in Mexico and Brazil to meat processing rival JBS.
- Focus: Danone CEO Faber puts stamp on business
- Cleaning up Tesco will have mixed supplier impact
- The just-food interview: Doux CEO Arnaud Marion
- Bitesize interview: Cricketer Farm MD Greg Parsons
- 2015 preview: A better deal for M&A sellers
- General Mills outlines "aggressive" NPD drive
- Coles supplier payments broke competition law
- Lay's heads "billionaire food brands" list
- Australia consumer watchdog probes raw milk sales
- PepsiCo opens snacks plant in Saudi Arabia