Brazil-based JBS is already the world's largest meat supplier but it has its sights on growing further in value-added products and in Asia -...
Tyson Foods has won through in the bidding war to acquire Hillshire Brands with an improved US$63 per share offer for the for the Jimmy Dean...
The dramatic M&A battle being played out in the US protein space comes as fresh evidence that food companies are willing to pay top-dollar f...
Tyson Foods entered fray today (29 May) when it issued a fresh bid for Hillshire Brands, trumping an earlier offer from Pilgrim's Pride. Lik...
US chicken group Pilgrim's Pride has booked an increase in earnings for the first nine months of the year, boosted by higher sales and margins.
US food group Hillshire Brands, set to be taken over by meat giant Tyson Foods, has reported a year of increasing sales and profits.
US poultry processor Pilgrim's Pride has reported higher half-year profits as a lower cost of sales helped offset a dip in sales.
Tyson Foods has struck a deal to sell its operations in Mexico and Brazil to meat processing rival JBS.
Tyson Foods and Hillshire Brands today (2 July) entered into a "definitive" agreement that will see the US meat processor acquire the maker of Jimmy Dean sausages for US$8.55bn.
- BRICs: The thinking behind Mondelez's Vietnam deal
- Interview part 1: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- Prospects for protein: Snacks growth to continue
- Comment: Why Gardein is Pinnacle's ideal fodder
- Deal or no deal: Should Danone buy Mead Johnson?
- 2 Sisters Food Group posts higher annual losses
- Kellogg trumps Abraaj bid for Bisco Misr
- Live blog: Food Matters Live
- Raisio buys UK, Ireland and Belgium Benecol ops
- Lactalis submits takeover bid for Arab Dairy
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Energy Bars Market in Canada: Market Profile to 2017
- The Snackification of Breakfast
- Dairy Product Production in China
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report