Brazil-based JBS is already the world's largest meat supplier but it has its sights on growing further in value-added products and in Asia -...
Tyson Foods has won through in the bidding war to acquire Hillshire Brands with an improved US$63 per share offer for the for the Jimmy Dean...
The dramatic M&A battle being played out in the US protein space comes as fresh evidence that food companies are willing to pay top-dollar f...
Tyson Foods entered fray today (29 May) when it issued a fresh bid for Hillshire Brands, trumping an earlier offer from Pilgrim's Pride. Lik...
US chicken group Pilgrim's Pride has booked an increase in earnings for the first nine months of the year, boosted by higher sales and margins.
US food group Hillshire Brands, set to be taken over by meat giant Tyson Foods, has reported a year of increasing sales and profits.
US poultry processor Pilgrim's Pride has reported higher half-year profits as a lower cost of sales helped offset a dip in sales.
Tyson Foods has struck a deal to sell its operations in Mexico and Brazil to meat processing rival JBS.
Tyson Foods and Hillshire Brands today (2 July) entered into a "definitive" agreement that will see the US meat processor acquire the maker of Jimmy Dean sausages for US$8.55bn.
- Deal or no deal: Frozen sale makes sense for Kerry
- On the money: How Greencore is outperforming
- Comment: Mondelez digital strategy suffers blow
- Shopper trends: Promos can mean higher prices
- Transformed Post confident about prospects
- Kerry puts frozen food unit on block - reports
- Coca-Cola eyes long-term rewards with dairy push
- Post issues warning over US cereal sector sales
- UPDATE: Greencore eyes US$1bn US business
- Danone "mulls Yakult stake sale"