There were, despite continued economic uncertainty in many Western markets and concerns over slowing growth in the East, signs that M&A acti...
The announcement today that General Mills has entered exclusive talks to buy a stake in French dairy business Yoplait will end one of the mo...
Commodity costs may not be reaching the levels seen in 2007 but there are signs of growing pressure on food manufacturers. In this month's j...
Retailers dominated this week's news, with the appointment of a new CEO at Asda, bumper numbers from Sainsbury's, upbeat noises from Whole F...
European food group PinguinLutosa has undergone a period of significant change in recent years, with two notable acquisitions. And that transformation has continued but this time with a deal to sell one part of its business, Lutosa, to McCain Foods. COO Herwig Dejonghe speaks to just-food about the changes and his thoughts for the future of the frozen and canned food group.
Frozen food giant Findus Group has snapped up the Belgian retail business of Lutosa as part of the EU's clearance of McCain Foods' acquisition of the potato products supplier.
Foreign exchange has weighed on sales at Belgium-based frozen and canned food group Greenyard Foods.
Belgium-based canned and frozen fruit and veg group Greenyard Foods has booked a half-year loss from the businesses left after the sale of potato arm Lutosa to McCain Foods.
Fruit and vegetable processor Greenyard Foods has said it hopes to increase efficiency at its frozen unit, Pinguin, by entering into a deal Germany with local food group KTG Agrar.
Belgium-based food group Greenyard Foods, previously known as PinguinLutosa, saw sales slide in the first quarter of its financial year after the sale of its Lutosa business - but underlying revenues were up.
- Comment: Nestle reacts to world of 3G and Buffett
- Why it is too early to call Unilever food revival
- France takes big step to uniform FOP labels
- What the analysts say: The verdict on Danone's Q1
- How will Flowers Foods grow in speciality bread?
- Unilever food, refreshment sales rise
- Organic food sales in US up 11% in 2014
- UPDATE: Danone CEO upbeat on 2015 growth
- Fonterra says rain needed to maintain milk supply
- Nestle in "exclusive" Davigel talks with Brakes