Pinnacle Foods, owner of Wishbone dressings, has been shopping and has picked out a firm that is going to bulk out its presence in the froze...
Tyson Foods has won through in the bidding war to acquire Hillshire Brands with an improved US$63 per share offer for the for the Jimmy Dean...
The dramatic M&A battle being played out in the US protein space comes as fresh evidence that food companies are willing to pay top-dollar f...
Tyson Foods entered fray today (29 May) when it issued a fresh bid for Hillshire Brands, trumping an earlier offer from Pilgrim's Pride. Lik...
This week, we published interviews with senior executives from Brazilian food giant BRF as it embarks on international expansion. Elsewhere, staff at United Biscuits' Aintree factory in Liverpool pushed forward with strike action and Finnish group Raisio secured control of Benecol in the UK, Ireland and Belgium.
US food group Pinnacle Foods is to buy Canada-based plant-protein firm Garden Protein International for C$175m (US$154.6m), from investment firm TSG Consumer Partners and founder Yves Potvin.
Pinnacle Foods has booked higher third-quarter earnings thanks to an improved operating performance and termination fees associated with its failed merger with Hillshire Brands.
PepsiCo has insisted a lawsuit over the Aunt Jemima brand seeking US$2bn in royalties is "without merit".
US food group Pinnacle Foods saw sales and profits rise in the first half of 2014, helped in part by last year's acquisition of salad dressings business Wish-Bone from Unilever.
The meat-free protein sector could be in for a popularity boost as more and more research points to the damaging effect livestock production is having on the environment.
Pinnacle Foods' Birds Eye brand has teamed up with Disney in the US in a bid to slash obesity rates by getting kids to explore healthier foods.
Global Bakery & Cereals Market: News and Events June 2014
Synopsis The report provides a review of the latest news and key events in the global bakery & cereals market during June 2014. Summary Using this report, marketers will effectively gain an insight i...
Global Syrups & Spreads Market: Merger and Acquisitions May
Synopsis The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global syrups & spreads market during May 2014....
Global Meat Market: Merger and Acquisitions May 2014
Synopsis The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global meat market during May 2014. Summary Usin...
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Unilever must "speed" response to consumer trends
- Why US diet guidelines should consider environment
- Global factors hold sway over UK milk prices
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Food industry news of week: Unilever, PepsiCo
- Chobani launches Tots infant range
- Premier Foods hails "improving" sales trends
- PepsiCo rolls out "sweet" Cheetos
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report