Tyson Foods has won through in the bidding war to acquire Hillshire Brands with an improved US$63 per share offer for the for the Jimmy Dean...
The dramatic M&A battle being played out in the US protein space comes as fresh evidence that food companies are willing to pay top-dollar f...
Tyson Foods entered fray today (29 May) when it issued a fresh bid for Hillshire Brands, trumping an earlier offer from Pilgrim's Pride. Lik...
The hunter became the hunted yesterday (27 May) as Pilgrim's Pride made a hostile bid for Hillshire Brands. The news comes just days after H...
PepsiCo has insisted a lawsuit over the Aunt Jemima brand seeking US$2bn in royalties is "without merit".
US food group Pinnacle Foods saw sales and profits rise in the first half of 2014, helped in part by last year's acquisition of salad dressings business Wish-Bone from Unilever.
US food group Hillshire Brands, set to be taken over by meat giant Tyson Foods, has reported a year of increasing sales and profits.
Pinnacle Foods has brought together two US household baking and cake decorating brands for the launch of a home baking kit.
Tyson Foods and Hillshire Brands today (2 July) entered into a "definitive" agreement that will see the US meat processor acquire the maker of Jimmy Dean sausages for US$8.55bn.
Pinnacle Foods' Birds Eye brand has teamed up with Disney in the US in a bid to slash obesity rates by getting kids to explore healthier foods.
It's a public holiday in the UK today (26 August) - thankfully the sun is just breaking through here in south London to help us bask in our Ashes victory - and, while we take a day's break, here are some of last week's top interviews, comment and analysis in case you missed them.
- How Windsor buy is part of Ajinomoto's global push
- Dairy in India: No quick win for multinationals
- Focus: Fonterra's bid to weather dairy volatility
- Dairy in India: How to win over Indian consumers
- On the money: Diamond's faith in on-trend range
- Nestle forms new unit to "leverage scale"
- Nestle sells baby food brands Alete, Milasan
- Kerry, Premier team up on frozen NPD in UK
- General Mills to slash up to 800 more jobs
- PepsiCo eyes Middle East growth with R&D centre