Pinnacle Foods, owner of Wishbone dressings, has been shopping and has picked out a firm that is going to bulk out its presence in the froze...
Tyson Foods has won through in the bidding war to acquire Hillshire Brands with an improved US$63 per share offer for the for the Jimmy Dean...
The dramatic M&A battle being played out in the US protein space comes as fresh evidence that food companies are willing to pay top-dollar f...
Tyson Foods entered fray today (29 May) when it issued a fresh bid for Hillshire Brands, trumping an earlier offer from Pilgrim's Pride. Lik...
This week, we published interviews with senior executives from Brazilian food giant BRF as it embarks on international expansion. Elsewhere, staff at United Biscuits' Aintree factory in Liverpool pushed forward with strike action and Finnish group Raisio secured control of Benecol in the UK, Ireland and Belgium.
US food group Pinnacle Foods is to buy Canada-based plant-protein firm Garden Protein International for C$175m (US$154.6m), from investment firm TSG Consumer Partners and founder Yves Potvin.
Pinnacle Foods has booked higher third-quarter earnings thanks to an improved operating performance and termination fees associated with its failed merger with Hillshire Brands.
PepsiCo has insisted a lawsuit over the Aunt Jemima brand seeking US$2bn in royalties is "without merit".
US food group Pinnacle Foods saw sales and profits rise in the first half of 2014, helped in part by last year's acquisition of salad dressings business Wish-Bone from Unilever.
The meat-free protein sector could be in for a popularity boost as more and more research points to the damaging effect livestock production is having on the environment.
Pinnacle Foods' Birds Eye brand has teamed up with Disney in the US in a bid to slash obesity rates by getting kids to explore healthier foods.
- Focus: Danone CEO Faber puts stamp on business
- Cleaning up Tesco will have mixed supplier impact
- The just-food interview: Doux CEO Arnaud Marion
- General Mills US "priority" categories gain share
- 2015 preview: A better deal for M&A sellers
- General Mills outlines "aggressive" NPD drive
- Coles supplier payments broke competition law
- Lay's heads "billionaire food brands" list
- PepsiCo opens snacks plant in Saudi Arabia
- Wessanen to buy dairy-free drinks firm Abafoods