Gluten-free is currently a bright spot of strong growth in the largely stagnant developed markets of the US and western Europe. However, as...
After seeing the boom in yoghurt sales in the US chip away at demand for breakfast cereal, Kellogg has accepted it needs a piece of the acti...
Tyson Foods has seen sales and earnings growth lifted by consumer demand for proteins. The company has emphasised its strategy to grow organ...
Desperate for growth in a moribund trading environment, there are signs some food manufacturers operating in the US are using acquisitions t...
ConAgra Foods will become the largest own-label firm in the US with an acquisition of Ralcorp Holdings but there are concerns over whether it can manage brands and private label. There are also questions over the potential private label has for further growth in the US. Doug Knudsen, president of sales at ConAgra, tells Dean Best why the company is upbeat about the deal, its ability to grow brands and own label and the private label sector.
Japanese conglomerate Mitsubishi Corp. has declined to comment on speculation it has joined the race for the takeover for US canned tuna giant Bumble Bee Foods.
Post Holdings has promoted Jeff Zadoks to the position of chief financial officer.
Post Holdings has appointed Robert Vitale to the position of president and CEO as the US food group reorganises after its M&A spree.
US food group Post Holdings and tuna giant Thai Union Frozen have reportedly both indicated their interest in buying US canned seafood group Bumble Bee Foods.
Post Holdings is to buy peanut butter maker American Blanching Co in a US$128m deal.
The free-from sector is witnessing strong growth in developed markets from Europe to the US and beyond.
US food manufacture B&G Foods has joined the campaign for non-GMO by relaunching a non-GMO version of its spreadable fruit Polaner All Fruit.
- SIAL 2014: Greek yoghurt firm Fage targets Europe
- On the money: Spreads, ice cream top Unilever woes
- Why Nestle is relaxed about the China "drag"
- Focus: Will Danone return to growth in dairy?
- SIAL: French firm Michel et Augustin to enter US
- SIAL 2014: Premier in talks over US manufacturing
- Kellogg, Nestle slammed for "chaotic" salt policy
- Premier cautious on profits after Q3 sales slide
- Mars puts R&D at centre of US plant expansion
- Italy warns of EUR200m hit from Russia ban