Raisio, the Finland-based group behind brands including Benecol, Honey Monster cereals and Fox's confectionery, has, in recent years, tried...
Private-equity firm Langholm Capital was this week reported to have put UK crisp group Tyrrells on the market. Langholm has declined to comm...
The private-equity owners of Burton's Biscuit Co. are "considering options" for the UK's second-largest biscuit maker, a process that could...
The focus returned to rising commodity costs again this week, as Flowers Foods, Kraft Foods and PepsiCo admitting that input pressure had im...
Cheese spread and dip manufacturer Kavli has been on something of an acquisition spree. Already this year it has purchased Raisio's non-dairy assets and last week announced the purchase of St Helen's Farm.
Raisio, the Finland-based group behind Benecol, Fox's confectionery and Sugar puffs cereal, saw branded sales fall in the first half of 2013. However, CEO Matti Rihko tells Dean Best the company is sharpening its portfolio to improve the performance of its branded business - and is eyeing more expansion in the years ahead.
Finnish food group Raisio has developed a Benecol spread that is a blend of canola oil, rapeseed oil and butter.
The UK advertising watchdog has banned Raisio's online advert for its Honey Monster cereal, alleging it breached EU rules on health and nutrition claims.
Raisio has promoted Antti Elevuori, finance director for UK consumer brands, to the post of chief financial officer.
Kellogg this week made a move for Bisco Misr after private-equity firm Abraaj tabled an offer for the Egypt-based snacks group.
This week, we published interviews with senior executives from Brazilian food giant BRF as it embarks on international expansion. Elsewhere, staff at United Biscuits' Aintree factory in Liverpool pushed forward with strike action and Finnish group Raisio secured control of Benecol in the UK, Ireland and Belgium.
Raisio, the Finland-based food group, is to lower the sugar content of UK cereal brand Sugar Puffs - and at the same time remove the ingredient from the product's name.
It's a public holiday in the UK today (26 August) - thankfully the sun is just breaking through here in south London to help us bask in our Ashes victory - and, while we take a day's break, here are some of last week's top interviews, comment and analysis in case you missed them.
Health and Wellness in Finland
While volume sales were sluggish in many categories in 2012, retail current value sales saw healthy growth. However, value sales did not exceed the growth in 2011, despite the raised sweets tax in Jan...
Global Gluten-free Food Market 2014-2018
Gluten is a protein composite primarily found in wheat, barley, rye, and triticale. Gluten-free food is either free of ingredients that contain gluten or does not contain grains that are gluten rich....
Global Health and Wellness Food Market 2014-2018
Health and wellness food products can be defined as foods and beverages that are specially formulated and distinctively marketed to provide a distinct health or functional benefit to the consumers. Th...
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Unilever must "speed" response to consumer trends
- just-food's pick: Natural Products Expo top 10
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Hershey to acquire meat jerky firm Krave
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- Hershey linked to takeover of jerky maker Krave
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits