After a challenging previous financial year, ConAgra Foods yesterday (18 September) reported on the first three months of its new fiscal per...
After a tough year, which included three profit warnings, ConAgra Foods and its management team face a very important 12 months. The US grou...
After two profit warnings in five months, ConAgra Foods boss Gary Rodkin was correct to use the CAGNY conference this week to front up about...
Read the financial statements and listen to the conference calls from US food manufacturers in recent days and it is clear: companies operat...
ConAgra Foods will become the largest own-label firm in the US with an acquisition of Ralcorp Holdings but there are concerns over whether it can manage brands and private label. There are also questions over the potential private label has for further growth in the US. Doug Knudsen, president of sales at ConAgra, tells Dean Best why the company is upbeat about the deal, its ability to grow brands and own label and the private label sector.
Ralcorp Holdings, US manufacturer of own label goods and frozen bakery products, has reported that sales in its first quarter increased by US$58.7m, or 13%, due to recent acquisitions in its bakery segment and price hikes. However, the company posted lower earnings during the period.
ConAgra Foods today (26 June) told investors it expects sales volumes from its consumer foods division - under pressure in recent months - to improve as the company moves through its new financial year.
US private-label salty snack producer Shearer's Foods has acquired Medallion Foods from ConAgra Foods in a US$33.5m deal.
It is two years since US food group Ralcorp Holdings spun off branded breakfast cereal maker Post Holdings. And the Grape Nuts owner has, through a number of acquisitions, rapidly built a broader business designed to diversify away from a cereal market in the doldrums. just-food runs through the deals.
A surge in own label sales more than offset softness in the consumer brands business of ConAgra Foods.
Shares in ConAgra Foods plunged more than 7% today (11 February) as the US food giant company announced it was lowering its forecast for annual earnings for the second time.
Pretzels Market in United States to 2016
Synopsis The report presents detailed data on consumption trends in the Pretzels category in United States, analyzing consumption volumes and values at segment level. It also provides indispensable da...
Meat Snacks Market in United States to 2016
Synopsis The report presents detailed data on consumption trends in the Meat Snacks category in United States, analyzing consumption volumes and values at segment level. It also provides indispensable...
Potato Chips Market in United States to 2016
Synopsis The report presents detailed data on consumption trends in the Potato Chips category in United States, analyzing consumption volumes and values at segment level. It also provides indispensabl...
- Unilever must "speed" response to consumer trends
- What the analysts say: Unilever's mixed 2014
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Why US diet guidelines should consider environment
- Unilever revenues disappoint as food sales fall
- Findus: "No sale process underway" in UK
- Lifeway Foods CEO denies sale talks
- Hovis CFO Michael Kennedy exits
- Weston Foods acquires Creative Occasions
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- Meat Substitutes Market - Global Trends, Forecasts up to 2019