After a tough year, which included three profit warnings, ConAgra Foods and its management team face a very important 12 months. The US grou...
After two profit warnings in five months, ConAgra Foods boss Gary Rodkin was correct to use the CAGNY conference this week to front up about...
Read the financial statements and listen to the conference calls from US food manufacturers in recent days and it is clear: companies operat...
US food groups General Mills and ConAgra Foods report their annual results next week. Meanwhile, US peer Hormel Foods holds its annual inves...
ConAgra Foods will become the largest own-label firm in the US with an acquisition of Ralcorp Holdings but there are concerns over whether it can manage brands and private label. There are also questions over the potential private label has for further growth in the US. Doug Knudsen, president of sales at ConAgra, tells Dean Best why the company is upbeat about the deal, its ability to grow brands and own label and the private label sector.
Ralcorp Holdings, US manufacturer of own label goods and frozen bakery products, has reported that sales in its first quarter increased by US$58.7m, or 13%, due to recent acquisitions in its bakery segment and price hikes. However, the company posted lower earnings during the period.
ConAgra Foods today (26 June) told investors it expects sales volumes from its consumer foods division - under pressure in recent months - to improve as the company moves through its new financial year.
US private-label salty snack producer Shearer's Foods has acquired Medallion Foods from ConAgra Foods in a US$33.5m deal.
It is two years since US food group Ralcorp Holdings spun off branded breakfast cereal maker Post Holdings. And the Grape Nuts owner has, through a number of acquisitions, rapidly built a broader business designed to diversify away from a cereal market in the doldrums. just-food runs through the deals.
A surge in own label sales more than offset softness in the consumer brands business of ConAgra Foods.
Shares in ConAgra Foods plunged more than 7% today (11 February) as the US food giant company announced it was lowering its forecast for annual earnings for the second time.
- BRICs and beyond: Fonterra, Beingmate partnership
- Comment: Competition to rise on whey investments
- On the money: Mengniu hones in on "star" brands
- just-food interview: Agropur CEO Robert Coallier
- Consuming issues: The hunger-obesity paradox
- Valio lactose-free trucks stopped at Russia border
- Heinz halves sugar in ketchup launch
- Bisco Misr says Kellogg eyeing majority stake
- H1 profits down at dairy group FrieslandCampina
- Olam sells Cote d'Ivoire dairy to FrieslandCampina
- China - ISA Country Report
- Other Dairy in Russia
- New Strategies for offering Convenience in Food - targeting new occasions, best practice and new solutions
- David Chapman's Ice Cream Ltd in Packaged Food (Canada)
- Global Food and Grocery Retailing, 2013-2018: Market Dynamics, Retail Trends and Competitive Landscape