Rieber & Søn
There were, despite continued economic uncertainty in many Western markets and concerns over slowing growth in the East, signs that M&A acti...
Orkla, the Norwegian conglomerate with interests in aluminium and finance as well as pizza and chocolate, wants to focus on consumer goods....
Rieber & Søn, the Norway-based food group, is a business that stretches across the Nordic region, Eastern Europe and Russia. It is also a business that, in recent months, has offloaded a clutch of assets to focus on a tighter group of operations. Michelle Russell spoke to Rieber & Søn CEO Patrik Andersson on how he is looking to reshape the business amid the downturn.
Nordic consumer goods giant Orkla today (17 July) booked a 19% increase in second-quarter operating profit, boosted by savings from the integration of 2012 acquisition Rieber & Søn
Nordic food group Orkla struck a deal to sell its Polish cake mixes and desserts business, Rieber Foods Polska ("Delecta"), to an investment fund managed by Innova Capital.
Nordic consumer goods company Orkla has booked a drop in fourth-quarter operating profit, despite an improved top-line performance.
Nordic food group Orkla has said third-quarter sales and profit growth was driven by its recent acquisition of Rieber & Son.
Wal-Mart, Kroger and Supervalu are among the US retailers presenting at a Barclays sector conference next week. The first-quarter results will continue to roll in, with Kellogg, Kraft Foods Group and Canadian retailer Loblaw part of a group of companies to publish numbers.
- On the move: What's in store from Tesco's new CEO?
- On the money: Steady as she goes at Cloetta
- Focus: Lindt plays safe with Russell Stover buy
- The bitesize interview - The Kids Food Co.
- Interview: Bell hits out at German cartel ruling
- Campbell issues warning on 2014/15 fiscal year
- UPDATE: Premier establishes international unit
- Premier launches Oxo pots range in UK
- Universal Robina to buy biscuit firm Griffin's
- Genius secures listings in French supermarkets