Canadian dairy group Saputo is continuing to examine further M&A opportunities even as it digests recent acquisitions including Australia's...
Parmalat, majority-owned by French dairy giant Lactalis, has made a significant move to bolster its business in Australia 15 years after it...
Canadian dairy giant Saputo is expanding apace internationally as it looks to offset domestic challenges with growth overseas. The group is...
Two of the bidders for Warrnambool Cheese and Butter Factory have this week made fresh offers for the Australian dairy. The focus now moves...
Saputo has beefed up its scale through a swathe of acquisitions in recent years and the Canadian dairy company could seal a long-awaited deal to acquire Australia's Warrnambool Cheese and Butter Factory. But ambitious Saputo seems unlikely to rest on its laurels. Katy Askew caught up with president and COO Kai Bockmann at this year's Anuga to find out more about Saputo's growth drive.
Canadian dairy giant Saputo has booked higher first-quarter profits thanks to the contribution from recent acquisitions.
This week shares dipped in both Premier Foods and ConAgra Foods after the firms said they were likely to miss earnings forecasts for their respective quarters. Elsewhere, PepsiCo and Mondelez both showed their commitment to R&D through the opening of new facilities. Danone debuted its desserts range in the US, but in the UK was in hot water with the advertising watchdog who claimed its Nutricia Growing Up Milk ad implied the health of kids that didn't consume the product would suffer. Here is the week in quotes
Saputo has announced it is not accepting milk from Chilliwack Cattle Sales following the release of images detailing the mistreatment of cattle.
Share prices in Saputo edged up today (6 June) as the firm reported an increase in net profits during the fourth quarter of the year and for the year ended 31 March.
just-food's look at the key issues facing the global confectionery sector, the savoury snacks business in Russia and the dairy industry in Australia are among the reports featured in this week's round-up from our research store.
- How City reacted to Tesco's profit over-statement
- just-food's pick: Natural Products Expo top 10
- M&A Watch: Why Danone/Lifeway deal could be next
- Viewpoint: Baptism of fire for new Tesco CEO Lewis
- just-food's pick: Natural Products Expo top tweets
- United Biscuits attracts bids of over GBP2bn
- Arla: New Vigor deal to boost our Brazil presence
- Jobs to go at United Biscuits UK site
- General Mills plans to close two US plants
- Arla takes stake in Brazilian dairy group Vigor
- Ethiopia - ISA Country Report
- China - ISA Country Report
- Global Food and Grocery Retailing, 2013-2018: Market Dynamics, Retail Trends and Competitive Landscape
- Ice Cream Market in Papua New Guinea: Databook to 2017
- Innovation Strategies: New techniques and best practice case studies in Food, Drink, and Personal Care