French retail giant Carrefour has announced plans to expand further into Africa through a joint venture with consumer goods distributor CFAO...
South African competition regulators yesterday (31 May) approved Wal-Mart's acquisition of a majority stake in local retailer Massmart. Katy...
With food retailers facing a mixed bag as the global economic downturn bites, it is becoming clear that some are faring better than others. Earlier this month, Pick n Pay, South Africa’s largest grocery retailer, was named international retailer of the year by the US-based National Retail Federation. In January’s just-food interview, Katy Humphries spoke with Pick n Pay’s chief executive Nick Badminton about the company’s recipe for success and the challenges that lay ahead.
Zambeef has said underlying annual losses will be lower than market expectations after factors that hit the the Zambia-based food group in its first half eased in the second part of its financial year.
Shoprite Holdings has booked an increase in half-year sales and profits despite what South Africa-based grocer described as "difficult" domestic trading conditions
South African supermarket operator Shoprite Holdings has booked an increase in first-half sales, boosted by growth from its businesses in the rest of Africa.
South African supermarket operator Shoprite Holdings saw its earnings climb in the first half of the year, despite what it described as a "difficult" trading environment.
South African supermarket operator Shoprite Holdings has booked an increase in full-year sales but said revenues slowed in the second half amid weaker consumer spending in its domestic market.
Shoprite Holdings Limited : Retailing - Company Profile, SWO
Canadean's "Shoprite Holdings Limited : Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a compan...
Shoprite Holdings Ltd in Consumer Foodservice (South Africa)
Although Shoprite’s interest is mainly focused in grocery retailing and its expansion throughout Sub- Saharan Africa, the company has successfully managed to continue to target mid to lower income con...
Agricultural Products in South Africa
Agricultural Products in South Africa industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The p...
- Premier Foods to push on with range revamp
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- UK Responsibility Deal must solve credibility gap
- Sweets & Snacks Expo: just-food's pick
- Why FMCG background key for next Thorntons CEO
- Mars launches "healthy" snacks Goodnessknows
- JBS "seeking M&A" in Americas, Australia
- Dairy Crest earnings fall
- General Mills launches Greek yoghurt in Australia
- Cadbury to cut Australian jobs
- Mars Inc in Packaged Food (World)
- Pizza Delivery & Takeaway in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- China Resources Enterprise, Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Chocolate Flavors Market by Application & Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2019