Singapore Food Industries
New Covent Garden, the UK's largest chilled soup brand, announced a major push earlier this week with the launch of six varieties. The company, owned by Singapore Food Industries, hopes the move will attract new customers to the fresh soup category. Katy Humphries caught up with New Covent Garden marketing manager Nick Munby to find out more about the group's plans for the sector.
Singapore Food Industries (SFI) is one of the country’s largest food companies with sales of S$714.9m (US$518.5m) in 2007. It is also a company with both an international profile and further aspirations overseas. Rupert Sutton met with chief operating officer Philip Lim to find out more.
Nestle this week admitted 3G Capital and Warren Buffett's investments in the food industry had led to "accelerate" efforts to "adjust" its portfolio. The food giant was also one of the companies reporting first-quarter results, a group that included Unilever, which saw food volumes rise 3%, although it remains too early to call a sustained recovery from the unit.
Brazil-based food group BRF is to set up a venture in Singapore through a deal with local company Singapore Food Industries.
PepsiCo has closed down its van sales operations in Ireland with the loss of 28 jobs nationwide.
Daniels Group is investing GBP8.5m (US$12.9m) in a food plant in the UK that will produce a range of fresh and frozen foods for domestic and overseas markets.
UK soup maker New Covent Garden has announced plans to expand its line-up of fresh soups as part of its 'fresh for winter' marketing push.
- Comment: Nestle reacts to world of 3G and Buffett
- Why it is too early to call Unilever food revival
- France takes big step to uniform FOP labels
- What the analysts say: The verdict on Danone's Q1
- How will Flowers Foods grow in speciality bread?
- Unilever food, refreshment sales rise
- Fonterra says rain needed to maintain milk supply
- Organic food sales in US up 11% in 2014
- UPDATE: Danone CEO upbeat on 2015 growth
- Nestle in "exclusive" Davigel talks with Brakes