US food groups General Mills and ConAgra Foods report their annual results next week. Meanwhile, US peer Hormel Foods holds its annual inves...
A quiet week for financial updates as results season winds down, with Diamond Foods, Sainsbury's and Smithfield preparing to issue updates....
Investment is flowing into and from the world's emerging markets, as two transactions involving US firms Smithfield Foods and McCormick & Co...
The surprise news that the board of US pork group Smithfield Foods has unanimously backed a takeover bid from Chinese group Shuanghui Intern...
As the Chinese government moves to step up regulation of the country's food industry, China's domestic brands are developing a for-profit food safety model that aims to restore battered consumer confidence in the quality and reliability of the country's foodstuffs, according to Rick Gilmore, chairman of the Global Food Safety Forum (GFSF). David Green caught up with Gilmore in Beijing to find out more.
Being responsible for championing the sustainability strategy of one of the largest meat processors in the world may appear to many an unenviable task. But Dennis Treacy, recently named senior vice president of corporate affairs and chief sustainability officer at Smithfield Foods, relishes the challenge and believes the company has a good story to tell. He spoke with Ben Cooper about his appointment, the company’s achievements to date and future goals.
US pork processor Smithfield Foods has launched a "premium" range of products it hopes will meet consumer demand for "higher quality" options.
Smithfield Foods, the US pork producer owned by China's WH Group, reported a leap in third-quarter earnings on higher meat prices and increased packaged sales.
US food maker Smithfield Foods has teamed up with French's mustard owner Reckitt Benckiser to launch a range of chilled hot dogs in the UK.
Chinese pork processor WH Group booked a surge in earnings in its first set of interim results as a listed company, boosted by last year's acquisition of US pork giant Smithfield Foods.
US pork processor Smithfield Foods has reported higher half-year profits, pointing to demand at home and abroad.
Western Australia is strengthening its ties to China via the food industry.
A second firm of advisors to investors has said shareholders in Smithfield Foods, the world's largest pork processor, should accept the $7.1bn takeover bid from China's Shuanghui International.
- BRICs: The thinking behind Mondelez's Vietnam deal
- Interview part 1: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- Prospects for protein: Snacks growth to continue
- Comment: Why Gardein is Pinnacle's ideal fodder
- Deal or no deal: Should Danone buy Mead Johnson?
- 2 Sisters Food Group posts higher annual losses
- Kellogg trumps Abraaj bid for Bisco Misr
- Live blog: Food Matters Live
- Raisio buys UK, Ireland and Belgium Benecol ops
- Lactalis submits takeover bid for Arab Dairy
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Energy Bars Market in Canada: Market Profile to 2017
- The Snackification of Breakfast
- Dairy Product Production in China
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report