US food groups General Mills and ConAgra Foods report their annual results next week. Meanwhile, US peer Hormel Foods holds its annual inves...
A quiet week for financial updates as results season winds down, with Diamond Foods, Sainsbury's and Smithfield preparing to issue updates....
Investment is flowing into and from the world's emerging markets, as two transactions involving US firms Smithfield Foods and McCormick & Co...
The surprise news that the board of US pork group Smithfield Foods has unanimously backed a takeover bid from Chinese group Shuanghui Intern...
As the Chinese government moves to step up regulation of the country's food industry, China's domestic brands are developing a for-profit food safety model that aims to restore battered consumer confidence in the quality and reliability of the country's foodstuffs, according to Rick Gilmore, chairman of the Global Food Safety Forum (GFSF). David Green caught up with Gilmore in Beijing to find out more.
Being responsible for championing the sustainability strategy of one of the largest meat processors in the world may appear to many an unenviable task. But Dennis Treacy, recently named senior vice president of corporate affairs and chief sustainability officer at Smithfield Foods, relishes the challenge and believes the company has a good story to tell. He spoke with Ben Cooper about his appointment, the company’s achievements to date and future goals.
US food maker Smithfield Foods has teamed up with French's mustard owner Reckitt Benckiser to launch a range of chilled hot dogs in the UK.
Chinese pork processor WH Group booked a surge in earnings in its first set of interim results as a listed company, boosted by last year's acquisition of US pork giant Smithfield Foods.
US pork processor Smithfield Foods has reported higher half-year profits, pointing to demand at home and abroad.
WH Group, the world's largest pork processor, has relaunched plans for a listing in Hong Kong.
This week shares dipped in both Premier Foods and ConAgra Foods after the firms said they were likely to miss earnings forecasts for their respective quarters. Elsewhere, PepsiCo and Mondelez both showed their commitment to R&D through the opening of new facilities. Danone debuted its desserts range in the US, but in the UK was in hot water with the advertising watchdog who claimed its Nutricia Growing Up Milk ad implied the health of kids that didn't consume the product would suffer. Here is the week in quotes
Western Australia is strengthening its ties to China via the food industry.
A second firm of advisors to investors has said shareholders in Smithfield Foods, the world's largest pork processor, should accept the $7.1bn takeover bid from China's Shuanghui International.
- Why data is key to shopper satisfaction
- On the money: Spreads, ice cream top Unilever woes
- Interview: Premier sets sights overseas
- Short-termism decides Chiquita's future
- Sustainability Watch: Roberto Ciati, Barilla
- Glanbia chairman to step down
- General Mills to launch "Ancient Grains" Cheerios
- Hershey lowers FY sales, earnings forecasts
- Mondelez evaluating Oreo production in Morocco
- Kellogg earnings beat forecast but sales pressured
- Supermarkets in China
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Pubs & Bars in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Consumer Trends Analysis: Understanding Consumer Trends and Drivers of Behavior in the Chinese Confectionery Food Market
- Kerry Group plc - SWOT, Strategy and Corporate Finance Report