Competition among processors for milk supply in Australia, price pressure from retailers and Bega Cheese's desire for greater scale to compe...
The prospect of tapping growing demand for dairy in markets in Asia has driven another deal in Europe's dairy sector - this time a merger be...
Months of speculation were drawn to a close this morning (18 March) when it was confirmed that General Mills has entered into exclusive nego...
The announcement today that General Mills has entered exclusive talks to buy a stake in French dairy business Yoplait will end one of the mo...
Northern Africa and the Middle East are firmly in the geo-political spotlight, with the political unrest that surfaced in Tunisia last month spreading to the current ongoing protests in Egypt. There are also signs of dissent in Jordan and Yemen. just-food's Stuart Todd spoke to Jean-Luc Deher, international director of French dairy processor Candia, about the Sodiaal-owned company's presence in the region and the risks of operating in such an environment.
French dairy giant Sodiaal has reported higher sales and profits for 2013, boosted by recent mergers and its cheese business.
Chinese infant formula firm Synutra International has started construction of a drying facility for powdered milk and fat-enriched demineralised whey in Carhaix in France.
Dairy firm Sodiaal has today (8 January 2014) confirmed the completion of a merger with counterpart 3A following the deal being announced by just-food in June 2013.
French co-operative Agrial has raised around EUR95m (US$126.9m) on the Paris stock exchange's private bond Euro PP market to finance international expansion.
French patisserie maker Boncolac is expanding its deli products activity with a new manufacturing plant in south-west France.
- SIAL 2014: Greek yoghurt firm Fage targets Europe
- On the money: Spreads, ice cream top Unilever woes
- Focus: Will Danone return to growth in dairy?
- Why Nestle is relaxed about the China "drag"
- Growth question hangs over refocused Premier
- SIAL 2014: Premier in talks over US manufacturing
- Kellogg, Nestle slammed for "chaotic" salt policy
- Premier cautious on profits after Q3 sales slide
- Mars puts R&D at centre of US plant expansion
- Italy warns of EUR200m hit from Russia ban