Competition among processors for milk supply in Australia, price pressure from retailers and Bega Cheese's desire for greater scale to compe...
The prospect of tapping growing demand for dairy in markets in Asia has driven another deal in Europe's dairy sector - this time a merger be...
Months of speculation were drawn to a close this morning (18 March) when it was confirmed that General Mills has entered into exclusive nego...
The announcement today that General Mills has entered exclusive talks to buy a stake in French dairy business Yoplait will end one of the mo...
Northern Africa and the Middle East are firmly in the geo-political spotlight, with the political unrest that surfaced in Tunisia last month spreading to the current ongoing protests in Egypt. There are also signs of dissent in Jordan and Yemen. just-food's Stuart Todd spoke to Jean-Luc Deher, international director of French dairy processor Candia, about the Sodiaal-owned company's presence in the region and the risks of operating in such an environment.
French dairy giant Sodiaal has reported higher sales and profits for 2013, boosted by recent mergers and its cheese business.
Chinese infant formula firm Synutra International has started construction of a drying facility for powdered milk and fat-enriched demineralised whey in Carhaix in France.
Dairy firm Sodiaal has today (8 January 2014) confirmed the completion of a merger with counterpart 3A following the deal being announced by just-food in June 2013.
French co-operative Agrial has raised around EUR95m (US$126.9m) on the Paris stock exchange's private bond Euro PP market to finance international expansion.
French patisserie maker Boncolac is expanding its deli products activity with a new manufacturing plant in south-west France.
- On the money: Unilever shifting into growth spots
- On the money: Danone denies strategy overhaul
- On the money: Hershey confident in NPD pipeline
- The just-food interview: Premier Foods CEO Darby
- Why whole sector should take heed of meat scrutiny
- Kellogg to close US snack plant
- 2 Sisters "passes" FSA poultry plant audits
- Tyson sells Mexico, Brazil ops to JBS
- FrieslandCampina to form "dairy zones" in Vietnam
- Greencore sales up amid "buoyant" food-to-go