Australia-based rice business SunRice has maintained its forecast for annual profits despite a decline in earnings in the first half of its financial year.
Australia-based rice business SunRice has struck a deal to buy local pickled onions and gherkins supplier Fehlbergs Fine Foods.
SunRice, the Australian rice exporter, has acquired the 35% stake in US rice business SunFoods it did not already own for an undisclosed sum.
SunRice, the Australian rice exporter, has postponed plans for a capital restructuring that had lined up the listing of a unit trust on the country's main stock market.
Australian rice maker SunRice has launched a range of ready-to-eat snacks.
Australian rice firm SunRice has said an acquisition of Blue Ribbon Rice Group's milling assets will boost its own supply of "speciality" lines.
Australian rice supplier SunRice has reported a 6% drop in annual profits - although the decline was not as steep as the company had suggested in December.
Despite its recent struggles at home and abroad, Tesco this week indicated it had ambitions for growth with its application to run multi-brand outlets in India. Over in China, Hershey sought to further build its business with a deal to buy 80% of local confectioner Shanghai Golden Monkey. And horsemeat returned to the headlines with arrests in France after horses tested on in labs allegedly entered the country's food chain.
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch