The prospect of tapping growing demand for dairy in markets in Asia has driven another deal in Europe's dairy sector - this time a merger be...
The Chinese New Year is marked on Monday (23 January) but the same old questions over the safety of food made in the country have reared the...
just-food's latest category crunch looks at the infant formula sector in China, an industry often rocked in the last decade by concerns over...
In part two of just-food's category crunch on China's infant formula sector, Petah Marian reports on how product development has reacted to...
Infant formula is a growing industry in China but, in recent years, it has not been without its problems. The 2008 melamine scandal, in which contaminated milk powder killed and sickened thousands of babies, rocked the sector - and damaged the reputation of some of the country's largest players. But, despite the promise of tougher regulation, the sector has still seen isolated incidents this year.
Chinese infant nutrition firm Synutra International has been able to capitalise on the Beijing's production licence initiative, picking up distribution where other companies fail to gain a permit to manufacture.
Chinese infant formula company Synutra International attributed sequential growth in shipment volumes to increased marketing efforts.
Chinese infant formula firm Synutra International has reported "strong" quarterly results, with sales and earnings better than it expected.
Chinese infant formula firm Synutra International has started construction of a drying facility for powdered milk and fat-enriched demineralised whey in Carhaix in France.
Chinese infant formula group Synutra International has moved to a profit in the first half of its financial year.
- On the money: Unilever shifting into growth spots
- On the money: Danone denies strategy overhaul
- The just-food interview: Premier Foods CEO Darby
- Comment: Danone could be mulling strategy shift
- Why whole sector should take heed of meat scrutiny
- Tyson sells Mexico, Brazil ops to JBS
- 2 Sisters "passes" FSA poultry plant audits
- FrieslandCampina to form "dairy zones" in Vietnam
- Danone H1 profits down but sticks to FY goals
- FSA ordered to carry out review on 2 Sisters