The prospect of tapping growing demand for dairy in markets in Asia has driven another deal in Europe's dairy sector - this time a merger be...
The Chinese New Year is marked on Monday (23 January) but the same old questions over the safety of food made in the country have reared the...
just-food's latest category crunch looks at the infant formula sector in China, an industry often rocked in the last decade by concerns over...
In part two of just-food's category crunch on China's infant formula sector, Petah Marian reports on how product development has reacted to...
Infant formula is a growing industry in China but, in recent years, it has not been without its problems. The 2008 melamine scandal, in which contaminated milk powder killed and sickened thousands of babies, rocked the sector - and damaged the reputation of some of the country's largest players. But, despite the promise of tougher regulation, the sector has still seen isolated incidents this year.
Chinese infant formula group Synutra has raised its full-year earnings forecast after witnessing sales growth of "at least" 50% in the second quarter.
Chinese infant formula manufacturer Synutra has reported a jump in first-quarter profits, helped by higher selling prices and boosted by proceeds from a plant disposal.
Chinese infant nutrition firm Synutra International has been able to capitalise on the Beijing's production licence initiative, picking up distribution where other companies fail to gain a permit to manufacture.
Chinese infant formula company Synutra International attributed sequential growth in shipment volumes to increased marketing efforts.
Chinese infant formula firm Synutra International has reported "strong" quarterly results, with sales and earnings better than it expected.
- Comment: Paying the price for eating healthily
- Focus: Will Danone return to growth in dairy?
- Why Nestle is relaxed about the China "drag"
- M&A Watch: Emmi shareholders should consider sale
- Focus: Why French retail deals could hit suppliers
- Nestle organic sales fall on Asia, Europe
- Danone "eyes acquisition of Mead Johnson"
- Heinz jobs in Australasia to go in restructuring
- Symington's acquires Tanfield Foods
- Tiger pulls Simply Delicious lines in health scare