News Wal-Mart has lowered its full-year earnings forecast reflects more than the drag of store closures as it adjusts its international port...
Shares in Unilever fell this morning (1 October) in reaction to the consumer goods giant issuing a sales warning for the third quarter - on...
Canada's second-largest grocer Sobeys has swooped to buy the local business of US supermarket giant Safeway. Sobeys has paid a full price fo...
A&P's descent into Chapter 11 protection has taken few in the US retail sector by surprise but what does the future hold for the historic gr...
US cereal giant Kellogg has indicated that it will remain focused on innovation in the face of global recession, with product launches expected to drive continued growth in 2009 and beyond. One major launch scheduled for the first half of this year is Kellogg’s debut in the UK muesli segment, with the introduction of a new brand – Kellogg’s Nature’s Pleasure. Katy Humphries caught up with brand manager Helen Giddings to find out more about Kellogg’s ambitions for the category.
The chief information officer of US retailer Target Corp., which suffered a security breach said to have affected 70m customers, has resigned.
A costly data breach hit profits at US retail giant Target Corporation in the fourth quarter but also impacted consumer confidence and traffic.
Wal-Mart, the world's largest retailer, caused a stir when it lowered its full-year forecasts this week due to pressure on US sales. Retail sales in the country have entered an upward trajectory and close competitor Target Corp has been hit by a data breach scandal - but Wal-Mart has apparently failed to capitalise. Likewise, Kellogg missed market expectations when it reported fourth-quarter numbers due to an accelerating decline in North American revenues. Here are the highlights from just-food this week.
US retailer Target Corp has become the latest retailer to cut jobs, with the announcement it is laying off around 475 employees globally.
Former Toys "R" Us chief executive Jerry Storch has become chairman of US grocery retailer Supervalu Inc.
- Why data is key to shopper satisfaction
- Interview: Premier sets sights overseas
- On the money: Spreads, ice cream top Unilever woes
- Sustainability Watch: Roberto Ciati, Barilla
- Short-termism decides Chiquita's future
- Hovis CEO Spooner leaves bread maker
- Glanbia chairman to step down
- General Mills to launch "Ancient Grains" Cheerios
- Kellogg earnings beat forecast but sales pressured
- Hershey lowers FY sales, earnings forecasts
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Supermarkets in China
- Pubs & Bars in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Consumer Trends Analysis: Understanding Consumer Trends and Drivers of Behavior in the Chinese Confectionery Food Market
- Kerry Group plc - SWOT, Strategy and Corporate Finance Report