2012 was undoubtedly a year of economic pressure for grocery retailers, as consumer spending continued to constrict. With little less pressu...
Of all the media coverage of this economic crisis, one line has stuck in my mind more than any other, and it perfectly sums up the shifting...
Indian political party Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), which is expected to lead the country's next government, has said it plans to ban foreign supermarkets from entering its retail sector.
UK retailer Tesco has confirmed that it will invest GBP85m (US$132m) to establish a multi-brand retail joint venture with Trent Ltd, part of the Tata Group, in India.
Tesco has set out a plan to become the first foreign retailer in India to run multi-brand outlets, with an application to invest in local operator Trent Hypermarket.
UK retail giant Tesco is understood to be looking at expanding further into India just days after announcing a review and potential exit from its troubled US venture.
More overseas investment would benefit India's retail sector, Tesco CFO Laurie McIlwee insisted today (8 December).
Indian conglomerate Tata Group is reportedly planning a "big bang" entry into the Indian e-commerce space.
On Monday (30 December), India's foreign investment watchdog reportedly cleared Tesco's move to become the first overseas retailer to run multi-brand retail outlets. Industry watchers are now looking to see which other multinational could follow in the UK grocer's footsteps.
- Why data is key to shopper satisfaction
- On the money: Spreads, ice cream top Unilever woes
- Interview: Premier sets sights overseas
- Short-termism decides Chiquita's future
- Sustainability Watch: Roberto Ciati, Barilla
- Glanbia chairman to step down
- General Mills to launch "Ancient Grains" Cheerios
- Hershey lowers FY sales, earnings forecasts
- Mondelez evaluating Oreo production in Morocco
- Hovis CEO Spooner leaves bread maker
- Supermarkets in China
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Pubs & Bars in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Consumer Trends Analysis: Understanding Consumer Trends and Drivers of Behavior in the Chinese Confectionery Food Market
- Kerry Group plc - SWOT, Strategy and Corporate Finance Report