2012 was undoubtedly a year of economic pressure for grocery retailers, as consumer spending continued to constrict. With little less pressu...
Of all the media coverage of this economic crisis, one line has stuck in my mind more than any other, and it perfectly sums up the shifting...
Indian political party Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), which is expected to lead the country's next government, has said it plans to ban foreign supermarkets from entering its retail sector.
UK retailer Tesco has confirmed that it will invest GBP85m (US$132m) to establish a multi-brand retail joint venture with Trent Ltd, part of the Tata Group, in India.
Tesco has set out a plan to become the first foreign retailer in India to run multi-brand outlets, with an application to invest in local operator Trent Hypermarket.
UK retail giant Tesco is understood to be looking at expanding further into India just days after announcing a review and potential exit from its troubled US venture.
More overseas investment would benefit India's retail sector, Tesco CFO Laurie McIlwee insisted today (8 December).
Indian conglomerate Tata Group is reportedly planning a "big bang" entry into the Indian e-commerce space.
On Monday (30 December), India's foreign investment watchdog reportedly cleared Tesco's move to become the first overseas retailer to run multi-brand retail outlets. Industry watchers are now looking to see which other multinational could follow in the UK grocer's footsteps.
Trent Hypermarket Ltd in Packaged Food (India)
Trent Hypermarket Ltd, the retail arm of Tata Group operates the hypermarket brand Star Bazaar in India. Over the course of the forecast period, the company plans to scale up the number of Star Bazaar...
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Unilever must "speed" response to consumer trends
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Why US diet guidelines should consider environment
- Emerging markets online: India's food retail scene
- Food industry news of week: Unilever, PepsiCo
- Tootsie Roll CEO Melvin Gordon dies at 95
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Chobani launches Tots infant range
- Monde Nissin "to acquire Menora"
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- Meat Substitutes Market - Global Trends, Forecasts up to 2019