2012 was undoubtedly a year of economic pressure for grocery retailers, as consumer spending continued to constrict. With little less pressu...
Of all the media coverage of this economic crisis, one line has stuck in my mind more than any other, and it perfectly sums up the shifting...
Indian political party Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), which is expected to lead the country's next government, has said it plans to ban foreign supermarkets from entering its retail sector.
UK retailer Tesco has confirmed that it will invest GBP85m (US$132m) to establish a multi-brand retail joint venture with Trent Ltd, part of the Tata Group, in India.
Tesco has set out a plan to become the first foreign retailer in India to run multi-brand outlets, with an application to invest in local operator Trent Hypermarket.
UK retail giant Tesco is understood to be looking at expanding further into India just days after announcing a review and potential exit from its troubled US venture.
More overseas investment would benefit India's retail sector, Tesco CFO Laurie McIlwee insisted today (8 December).
Indian conglomerate Tata Group is reportedly planning a "big bang" entry into the Indian e-commerce space.
On Monday (30 December), India's foreign investment watchdog reportedly cleared Tesco's move to become the first overseas retailer to run multi-brand retail outlets. Industry watchers are now looking to see which other multinational could follow in the UK grocer's footsteps.
Global Salt Market 2015-2019
Salt, one of the most important minerals in the world and an integral part of food, also finds significant applications in the Chemical and Food-processing industries. It is a compound of sodium and c...
- Why Arla upbeat about LatAm prospects
- M&A Watch - Could Cloetta be takeover target?
- Comment: Can Applegate retain trust under Hormel?
- How the Applegate acquisition will benefit Hormel
- Sweets & Snacks Expo: just-food's pick
- Yildiz eyeing further deals - reports
- PAI, Pamplona "eyeing Bakkavor stake"
- Weetabix gets new private-equity investor
- Heinz, Boulder face off in Smart Balance TM spat
- FrieslandCampina ends Bongrain German tie-up
- Successful New Product Development Strategies in the Food, Drinks and Personal Care Market
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- The Future of the Ice Cream Market in the United Kingdom to 2019
- Consumer Foodservice in Indonesia
- Marks & Spencer (Asia Pacific) Ltd in Retailing (Hong Kong, China)