Northern Ireland-based snack maker Tayto Group has made its entry into the Chinese market having secured its first two orders of hand-fried crisps in the country.
Ireland's Tayto Group is to expand its Golden Wonder plant in Corby in the UK - a move it said will see it launch vegetable crisps.
Sainsbury's, crisp maker Tayto and ethnic snack group SK Foods are teaming up with researchers at Teesside University to increase efficiency in fried food production.
Northern Ireland crisp maker Tayto is investing GBP6m (US$1.7m) in expanding its operations in the country through the creation of news jobs.
Dessert brand Gü and Ben & Jerry's ice cream ramped up the discounts they offered to UK consumers in July, according to the latest data from the just-food Promo Tracker.
Northern Ireland crisp maker Tayto has snapped up England-based pork scratchings firm Midland Snacks.
The owner of Largo Foods has sold a majority stake in the Irish food manufacturer in a deal likely to be worth more than EUR45m (US$63.9m).
Irish snack foods maker Largo Foods is to invest EUR2.6m (US$3.7m) in its Donegal manufacturing facility.
UK snack group Tayto has snapped up local crisp maker Jonathan Crisp, the company behind the “crisp for snobs”, for an undisclosed sum.
Largo Foods owner Ray Coyle has reportedly indicated that German food group Intersnack is eyeing a larger stake in the Irish maker of Tayto and Hunky Dory crisps.
Snack firm The Tayto Group may merge two of its plants following a decision by Procter & Gamble to discontinue production of Pringles Minis in the UK.
Tayto Golden Wonder has struck its second acquisition in four months with the purchase of Birmingham-based Red Mill Snack Foods for an undisclosed sum.
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch