The Irish Dairy Board
From a "sleeping giant" losing money to a "sustainable, good business", Adams Foods CEO Ian Toal says the UK arm of The Irish Dairy Board has made significant progress since he joined the business in 2011. What has driven the business? And how does it plan to grow further? Dean Best met Toal to find out.
European dairy processor Arla Foods had a bumper 2012, with sales and profits up. And its operations in emerging markets played a part in boosting its top and bottom lines. Dean Best spoke with Arla CFO Frederik Lotz about the company's ambitions in emerging markets as it battles stiff competition for rising dairy consumption in markets like China from its European peers.
Glanbia has launched Avonmore UHT milk in China as the company starts exporting from a new, dedicated plant in Ireland.
United Biscuits is set for a new owner - Turkey's Yildiz Holding. The UK-based snacks maker announced this week brands including McVitie's and BN would join Godiva chocolate in the Yildiz portfolio. The M&A spotlight was firmly on the UK last week, with German giant Müller striking a deal to buy Dairy Crest's liquid milk assets - competition approval pending.
The Irish Dairy Board is to launch a liquid milk product into China under its Kerrygold brand.
Adams Foods, the UK arm of The Irish Dairy Board, has seen sales jump around 40% in the last three years. The company's recent deal to market cheese for UK dairy co-op First Milk has helped drive that gain - but it has enjoyed organic growth, too. In an excerpt from an interview with just-food, hear Adams Foods CEO Ian Toal discuss the importance of innovation to the business.
The Irish Dairy Board is to spend EUR30m on butter production and R&D at a site in its domestic market.
With emerging markets becoming a central focus for many food companies, there is growing interest in the Middle East and Africa - and this week we are at the Gulfood expo in Dubai to speak to those building their business in the region.
- Interview part 1: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- BRICs: The thinking behind Mondelez's Vietnam deal
- Comment: Why Gardein is Pinnacle's ideal fodder
- Deal or no deal: Should Danone buy Mead Johnson?
- Focus: Can BRF deliver aggressive growth?
- Kellogg trumps Abraaj bid for Bisco Misr
- Danone, General Mills, Chobani "mislead parents"
- Raisio buys UK, Ireland and Belgium Benecol ops
- Wrigley opposes Perfetti Van Melle "WTF" TM
- Dutch confirm second bird flu outbreak
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Dairy Product Production in China
- Energy Bars Market in Canada: Market Profile to 2017
- The Snackification of Breakfast
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report