Norwegian dairy cooperative Tine has said its earnings in 2016 were supported by growth in the value of the cheese category, as well as by an improved industry outlook.
Norwegian dairy group Tine has seen its operating profit dented by increased costs, which more than offset rising sales.
Norway-based dairy cooperative Tine has booked a slight increase in operating profit for the first half of 2016 boosted by a strong showing in its international dairy business.
Norway-based dairy group Tine has announced plans to rebuild a dairy plant and overhaul its cheese production operations in the country as part of a cost-cutting programme expected to save around NOK69m (US$8m) annually.
Norway-based dairy group Tine and Irish co-op Dairygold are to set up a new production facility to manufacture Jarlsberg cheese in Ireland.
Tine, the Norway-based dairy co-operative, saw sales and earnings rise in 2015, with its cheese business and the depreciation of the Norwegian krone two of the factors helping its results.
Norwegian dairy group Tine has opened the "largest dairy" in the country, where it will consolidate production from four other sites.
Norwegian dairy co-operative Tine has decided against selling its Diplom-Is ice cream unit.
Norwegian dairy company Tine is to sell its Swedish ice cream arm Diplom-Is.
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Suntory to offload Australia, New Zealand foods
- ABF buys UK sports nutrition firms H5, Reflex