Norwegian dairy cooperative Tine has said its earnings in 2016 were supported by growth in the value of the cheese category, as well as by an improved industry outlook.
Norwegian dairy group Tine has seen its operating profit dented by increased costs, which more than offset rising sales.
Norway-based dairy cooperative Tine has booked a slight increase in operating profit for the first half of 2016 boosted by a strong showing in its international dairy business.
Norway-based dairy group Tine has announced plans to rebuild a dairy plant and overhaul its cheese production operations in the country as part of a cost-cutting programme expected to save around NOK69m (US$8m) annually.
Norway-based dairy group Tine and Irish co-op Dairygold are to set up a new production facility to manufacture Jarlsberg cheese in Ireland.
Tine, the Norway-based dairy co-operative, saw sales and earnings rise in 2015, with its cheese business and the depreciation of the Norwegian krone two of the factors helping its results.
Norwegian dairy group Tine has opened the "largest dairy" in the country, where it will consolidate production from four other sites.
Norwegian dairy co-operative Tine has decided against selling its Diplom-Is ice cream unit.
Norwegian dairy company Tine is to sell its Swedish ice cream arm Diplom-Is.
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch