South Africa's Tiger Brands grabbed the headlines this week with news of the over-stating of sales at its Kenyan arm inflating local profits last year. Elsewhere, Ireland's Total Produce lifted its earnings forecast and said it was on the look-out for more M&A. UK meat group Cranswick reported mixed annual results.
Shares in Ireland-based Total Produce climbed this morning (3 March) on expectations of another year of higher earnings per share, which the company managed to grow in 2014 despite mixed profitability and falling sales.
European fresh produce firm Total Produce has acquired a 50% stake in Canada's Gambles Group in a move the company said "further broadens" its presence in North America.
Ireland-based Total Produce has acquired 45% of US avocado grower and marketer Eco Farms.
London-listed fresh produce manufacturer Total Produce has reported a rise in profits for the first half of 2014 despite a fall in sales.
Total Produce plc - Company Capsule
Canadean's "Total Produce plc - Company Capsule" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key facts, major products and ser...
Fruit & Vegetable Wholesalers (European) - Industry Report
Plimsoll’s Fruit & Vegetable Wholesalers (European) analysis is the most definitive and accurate study of the Fruit & Vegetable Wholesalers (European) sector in 2013. The report is split into two sec...
- Why Arla upbeat about LatAm prospects
- Sweets & Snacks Expo: just-food's pick
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- Premier Foods to push on with range revamp
- Why FMCG background key for next Thorntons CEO
- Weetabix gets new private-equity investor
- Cadbury to cut Australian jobs
- PAI, Pamplona "eyeing Bakkavor stake"
- Food industry news of week: GMOs, Arla, Mondelez
- Yildiz eyeing further deals - reports