Since the inception of TreeHouse Foods in 2005, the US private-label group has snapped up businesses supplying the centre of the store. Now,...
Desperate for growth in a moribund trading environment, there are signs some food manufacturers operating in the US are using acquisitions t...
After two profit warnings in five months, ConAgra Foods boss Gary Rodkin was correct to use the CAGNY conference this week to front up about...
First-quarter results continue to come in next week, with Cadbury owner Mondelez International among the companies reporting numbers to the...
ConAgra Foods will become the largest own-label firm in the US with an acquisition of Ralcorp Holdings but there are concerns over whether it can manage brands and private label. There are also questions over the potential private label has for further growth in the US. Doug Knudsen, president of sales at ConAgra, tells Dean Best why the company is upbeat about the deal, its ability to grow brands and own label and the private label sector.
TreeHouse Foods tightened its full-year outlook today (6 November) but booked a drop in third-quarter earnings, as one-time charges dented the bottom line.
Heinz has returned production of some of its baby food products to its home town of Pittsburgh, reportedly as part of an agreement with TreeHouse Foods as co-packer.
US private-label manufacturer TreeHouse Foods today (7 August) raised its 2014 earnings forecast despite a fall in the first half of the year.
TreeHouse Foods' net sales were up 18% in the second quarter, the US private-label group has said in a set of preliminary numbers for the three-month period.
TreeHouse Foods today (30 June) confirmed it had struck a deal to buy fellow US private-label group Flagstone Foods for US$860m.
- Focus: Danone CEO Faber puts stamp on business
- Cleaning up Tesco will have mixed supplier impact
- The just-food interview: Doux CEO Arnaud Marion
- Bitesize interview: Cricketer Farm MD Greg Parsons
- 2015 preview: A better deal for M&A sellers
- General Mills outlines "aggressive" NPD drive
- Coles supplier payments broke competition law
- Lay's heads "billionaire food brands" list
- Australia consumer watchdog probes raw milk sales
- PepsiCo opens snacks plant in Saudi Arabia