Since the inception of TreeHouse Foods in 2005, the US private-label group has snapped up businesses supplying the centre of the store. Now,...
Desperate for growth in a moribund trading environment, there are signs some food manufacturers operating in the US are using acquisitions t...
After two profit warnings in five months, ConAgra Foods boss Gary Rodkin was correct to use the CAGNY conference this week to front up about...
First-quarter results continue to come in next week, with Cadbury owner Mondelez International among the companies reporting numbers to the...
ConAgra Foods will become the largest own-label firm in the US with an acquisition of Ralcorp Holdings but there are concerns over whether it can manage brands and private label. There are also questions over the potential private label has for further growth in the US. Doug Knudsen, president of sales at ConAgra, tells Dean Best why the company is upbeat about the deal, its ability to grow brands and own label and the private label sector.
US private-label manufacturer TreeHouse Foods today (7 August) raised its 2014 earnings forecast despite a fall in the first half of the year.
TreeHouse Foods' net sales were up 18% in the second quarter, the US private-label group has said in a set of preliminary numbers for the three-month period.
TreeHouse Foods today (30 June) confirmed it had struck a deal to buy fellow US private-label group Flagstone Foods for US$860m.
TreeHouse Foods is reportedly now in the "advanced stages" of negotiations to fellow US acquire private-label manufacturer Flagstone Foods.
TreeHouse Foods is reported to have joined a number of private-equity firms, including Blackstone Group, in tabling first-round bids for Flagstone Foods.
- Focus: The impact of Heinz's stevia ketchup
- Focus: Gen Mills turns to M&A to bolster US ops
- Viewpoint: US health food in play - at a price
- Shopper trends: Some confidence but promos popular
- DATA: The just-food international basket - Q2 2014
- Burton's "eyeing" United Biscuits merger
- Premier Foods revamp creates three divisions
- Unilever to boost presence in Nigeria
- General Mills Q1 profits tumble
- Glanbia to buy US sports nutrition firm Isopure