United Confectioners has plans to grow its business beyond its stronghold in Russia, where it holds the number one position in the confectionery market. Michelle Russell caught up with export director Timothy Odenwald at the ISM confectionery exhibition in Cologne to find out more about the firm's plans for Europe and beyond.
Ukrainian confectioner Roshen has lost an appeal to overturn the decision regarding the seizure of its Russian accounts.
This week, trademark battles hit the headlines, with Icelandic Seachill securing an injunction against Aldi and Hershey winning a tussle over its Ice Breakers brand with Russia's United Confectioners. Elsewhere, we looked at gluten-free and its growth prospects in the Middle East and analysed the Indonesian dairy sector. Here is the week in quotes
The Russian intellectual property has ruled in favour of Hershey in the battle with United Confectioners over the IceBReAKer trademark.
2013 was a bumper year for senior executive interviews on just-food and your top ten most-read pieces included our meetings with the CEOs of Nestle, Unilever and Greencore.
just-food last week flew to Cologne to bring you the news and views from the ISM confectionery trade show. Here, we spoke with manufacturers including Barry Callebaut, Guylian and United Confectioners, amongst others. Elsewhere, earnings results poured in with Hershey outlining its ambitions for global expansion and Mead Johnson highlighting its progress in China.
The city of Moscow has postponed the sale of its stake in Russia's United Confectioners in order to attract more potential buyers and "strengthen the competition."
The city of Moscow is selling its 26.58% stake in Russia's United Confectioners.
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units