Tesco reported a disappointing set of full-year numbers with both sales and profits falling this morning (14 April). The UK retail behemoth...
Upmarket UK grocer Waitrose has enjoyed another strong 12 months. Waitrose's reputation for quality has resonated in a polarised market, whi...
Ocado chief executive Tim Steiner has said the UK online retailer is still looking to further develop licencing deals with larger retailers,...
Morrisons' unscheduled Christmas trading update surprised the City this morning in more ways than one. Like-for-like sales fell almost 6%, u...
UK cheese maker Cricketer Farm supplies the country's major retailers with low-fat cheese, a category growing amid the rising consumer interest in health. However, in the last 18 months, the business has added a new brand - Cheeky Cow - to its portfolio, with half the fat of mature cheddar. MD Greg Parsons talks to Dean Best about the brand's early performance, the competition and how there are plans for "evolution" in 2015.
Ambitious dairy-free chocolate maker Moo Free aims to "dominate" the world market for dairy-free milk chocolate by expanding in new markets and increasing its exposure to the supermarket channel.
UK chilled soup manufacturer The Yorkshire Provender Co. has invested GBP2m (US$3.1m) into expanding its production facilities.
More than 70% of fresh chickens being sold in UK supermarkets are contaminated with campylobacter, a survey by the Food Standards Agency has unveiled.
The introduction of front-of-pack nutrition labels in the UK has encouraged consumers to choose healthier food, the country's grocers insisted today (19 November).
Warburtons has added a line of "premium" loaves to its bakery range.
Iglo Group is launching a new line of Birds Eye Steamfresh frozen vegetable, pasta and rice products throughout the UK in a bid to capitalise on what it describes as the "current trend" for steam cooking.
With demand for gluten-free on the rise, retailers in a number of countries have been building ranges of products to capitalise on a significant growth spot in challenging trading conditions. In the UK, Asda has looked to steal a march on its rivals with a notable product pledge.
The latest Kantar Worldpanel data on the market shares of the major UK grocers underlined trends that have been in train for months now - Tesco suffering, Sainsbury's holding firm and Aldi, Lidl and Waitrose continuing to make inroads. However, the fresh erosion in Morrisons' market share caught the eye.
Waitrose Ltd in Retailing (United Kingdom)
During the review period, Waitrose Ltd experimented with various new trends in grocery retailing including internet retailing and convenience-oriented proximity retailing. Both of these strategies hav...
Grocery Retailers in the United Kingdom
Three concepts are currently shaping trends in grocery retailing in the UK: convenience stores; discounters; and online sales....
Retailing in the United Kingdom
The UK retailing industry registered positive growth in 2013 despite the fact that the economic climate in the country remained challenging as consumer spending habits remained under the influence of...
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Lacklustre sales see Hershey turn to snacking
- Comment: Tread carefully over payment terms
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Hershey to acquire meat jerky firm Krave
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Hershey linked to takeover of jerky maker Krave
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report