State-backed Chinese food giant Bright Food Co. continued to make progress with its "go global, bring in" ambition when it acquired a majori...
Toward the end of last week Kellogg, Weetabix and Associated British Foods were all named as potential suitors looking to buy UK cereal bran...
Major cereal manufacturers are reporting disappointing sales and there has been a decline in volume sales over the last few years. It would...
Investment is flowing into and from the world's emerging markets, as two transactions involving US firms Smithfield Foods and McCormick & Co...
This week, Turkey's Yildiz Holding struck a deal - said to be over GBP2bn - to buy United Biscuits and the Turkish group's CEO took to Twitter to hail the agreement. Meanwhile, German dairy giant Muller agreed to buy Dairy Crest's liquid dairy business in the second big deal of the week. Elsewhere, quarterly numbers continued to come in, with Mondelez International lifting its forecast for annual earnings.
China's Bright Food Co. is reportedly targeting listings of UK breakfast cereal business Weetabix and Australian food group Manassen Foods in the next two years.
Chinese food giant Bright Food is reportedly preparing to take full control of UK cereal business Weetabix.
Danone CEO Franck Riboud surprised this market this week with his decision to step down from the role after 18 years. Elsewhere, a report into the UK food supply chain was published, while KP Snacks announced it is mulling the closure of two of its UK plants.
Weetabix has launched a range of Alpen cereal bars in China developed specifically for local consumers.
- Deal or no deal: Frozen sale makes sense for Kerry
- On the money: How Greencore is outperforming
- JBS sees big opportunity from Primo Smallgoods
- Interview part 1: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- Regional start-ups aim to ride China's online boom
- Kerry puts frozen food unit on block - reports
- Danone, General Mills, Chobani "mislead parents"
- United Biscuits UK plant to start strike action
- Kellogg trumps Abraaj bid for Bisco Misr
- Indofood to buy Danone's Indonesian dairy arm