Toward the end of last week Kellogg, Weetabix and Associated British Foods were all named as potential suitors looking to buy UK cereal bran...
Major cereal manufacturers are reporting disappointing sales and there has been a decline in volume sales over the last few years. It would...
Investment is flowing into and from the world's emerging markets, as two transactions involving US firms Smithfield Foods and McCormick & Co...
Could sovereign wealth funds and pension funds become more active participants in deal-making in the FMCG industry? Perhaps so, writes Dean...
Weetabix has entered into employee talks over the potential transfer of contracts after the decision was taken to outsource specialist cleaning activities at two sites.
Associated British Foods is understood to have entered an agreement to acquire up-market cereal brand Dorset Cereals.
Japan's Mizkan Group got out the chequebook again this week, with the acquisition of Unilever's North American pasta sauces business. The deal followed its 2012 purchases of brands including Branston and Haywards from Premier Foods in the UK. Elsewhere, we ran interviews with the CEOs of UK pork processor and dairy group Adams Foods.
Olive oil giant Deoleo this week announced its board had backed a takeover bid from private-equity giant CVC Capital Partners. Elsewhere, Mondelez International announced plans for another plant in Russia and the political party that looks set to be the major party in India's next government said it would ban foreign supermarkets entering the country's retail sector.
Irish food group Valeo Foods has acquired Rowse honey in the hope it will bolster its presence in the UK.
- On the move: What's in store from Tesco's new CEO?
- On the money: Can Premier build H2 sales momentum?
- Focus: Lindt plays safe with Russell Stover buy
- Interview: Bell hits out at German cartel ruling
- On the money: Steady as she goes at Cloetta
- UPDATE: Premier establishes international unit
- Campbell issues warning on 2014/15 fiscal year
- S&A Foods announces restructure, 55 jobs to go
- Universal Robina to buy biscuit firm Griffin's
- Premier launches Oxo pots range in UK