Five edible oil companies operating in South Africa, including Singapore-based agri-food giant Wilmar International, have been raided as competition officials investigate claims of price-fixing.
Wilmar International, the agribusiness accused by Amnesty International of running Indonesian palm oil plantations that contribute to child labour and human rights abuses, has called for collaboration to achieve a "labour transformation" across the global palm oil industry.
Nestle, Unilever and Kellogg are among the companies that are contributing to child labour and human rights abuses, Amnesty International has claimed in a report published today (30 November).
New Zealand dairy cooperative Fonterra said it has adopted a new standard for sourcing palm products as part of its commitment to sustainability.
India's Ruchi Soya has been given the go-ahead to set up mulitple new facilities in the food and agri-business sector by the Karnataka state government
Singapore-based agri-food group Wilmar International and two Indian businesses - Adani Enterprises and Ruchi Soya - have set out plans for a venture to "create one of India's leading FMCG companies".
Wilmar International and Singapore Food Industries have inked two joint venture agreements to supply "quality food" to the Chinese market.
Godiva and McVitie's owner Yildiz Holdings has decided to bring its snacks brands under one unit in a bid to drive growth internationally. Unilever's CEO, Paul Polman, sounded a note of caution about trading conditions in 2016. And sugar was once again in the headlines, driving policy agendas in Europe.
Wilmar International has teamed up with Vietnamese retailer Saigon Co-op to form a joint venture specialising in sauces and condiments.
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin